Aland Islands Schengen visa free
Aland Islands Schengen visa free for Sint Maarten citizens
Sint Maarten citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Aland Islands. Aland Islands Schengen visa free is free for Sint Maarten citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Aland Islands Schengen visa free . A total of 3 documents are required for applying Aland Islands Schengen visa free . You can find Aland Islands visa exemptions.
Finland visa policy applicable
Aland Islands has the same visa policy as Finland. While it shares aspects of its visa policy with Finland, it has its own specific entry requirements as well. Visitors to Aland Islands must abide by its entry and visa regulations, which can sometime differ from those applicable to Finland.
European Travel Information and Authorisation System or ETIAS is an electronic authorisation system of the European Union for visa-exempt visitors travelling to the European Union or the Schengen Area which is expected to enter into operation at in 2024.
Do you need a visa to go to Aland Islands from Sint Maarten?
No, Aland Islands visa is not required for Sint Maarten citizens. Sint Maarten passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Aland Islands visit visa conditions for Sint Maarten citizens
- Sint Maarten citizens need a Finland tourist visa to visit Aland Islands
- Aland Islands are part of Finland and are considered an autonomous territory.
- Finland Visa Policy applies to travel to the Aland Islands, meaning that visitors who are visa exempt for Schengen country are also visa exempt for Aland Islands.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Aland Islands schengen visa requirements for Sint Maarten citizens
Documents required for Aland Islands schengen visa from Sint Maarten include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or National ID card of Sint Maarten with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Sint Maarten in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Aland Islands
How to apply for Aland Islands Schengen visa free from Sint Maarten
Aland Islands visa free process for Sint Maarten cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Sint Maarten citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Aland Islands. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Aland Islands.
Valid passport Check that Sint Maarten passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Aland Islands. If not apply for a new Sint Maarten passport.
Arrival After arriving, Sint Maarten citizens can go to Aland Islands immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Aland Islands, present Sint Maarten passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Aland Islands visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Aland Islands for the 90 days on your stamping.
Aland Islands visa exemption for Sint Maarten citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Aland Islands schengen visa
- Make sure Sint Maarten passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Aland Islands.
- Always carry Sint Maarten passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Aland Islands.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Aland Islands, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Aland Islands and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Aland Islands.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Aland Islands.
- Research the weather conditions in Aland Islands and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Aland Islands.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Aland Islands.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Aland Islands.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Aland Islands.
Aland Islands travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Aland Islands visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Aland Islands Schengen visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.