Costa Rica Tourist visa
Costa Rica Tourist visa for Botswana citizens
Botswana citizens must obtain a visa before travelling to Costa Rica. Costa Rica Tourist visa is required for Botswana citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Costa Rica Tourist visa. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Costa Rica Tourist visa. You can find Costa Rica visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica from Botswana?
Yes, Costa Rica Tourist visa is required for Botswana citizens. Botswana passport holders need to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy.
Costa Rica visit visa conditions for Botswana citizens
- Max stay: 30 days
- Stay: short term
Costa Rica tourist visa requirements for Botswana citizens
Documents required for Costa Rica tourist visa from Botswana include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Botswana with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Costa Rica An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Hotel reservation(s) in Costa Rica for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Costa Rica
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Botswana in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
How to apply for Costa Rica Tourist visa from Botswana
Costa Rica tourist visa application process for Botswana citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Botswana citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Costa Rica visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Costa Rica government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Costa Rica tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Botswana passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Costa Rica. If not apply for a new Botswana passport.
Fill application Fill the application form for Costa Rica.
Schedule appointment Schedule an appointment with the Costa Rica embassy or consulate where you will submit your application. You can do this online or by contacting the embassy or consulate.
Submit documents After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Costa Rica
Visa processing After submission your Costa Rica visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer. The visa application will either be approved or denied based on the information provided in the application and the supporting documents.
Receive visa If application is approved, the applicant will receive Costa Rica in their passport and can collect passport from the Costa Rica embassy or consulate.
Costa Rica visa exemption for Botswana citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Costa Rica tourist visa
- Make sure Botswana passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Costa Rica.
- Always carry Botswana passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Costa Rica.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Costa Rica, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Costa Rica and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Costa Rica.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Costa Rica.
- Research the weather conditions in Costa Rica and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Costa Rica.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Costa Rica.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Costa Rica.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Costa Rica visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Costa Rica Tourist visa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.