Egypt Visa on arrival
Egypt Visa on arrival for New Zealand citizens
New Zealand citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Egypt. Egypt Visa on arrival is available on arrival for New Zealand citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Egypt Visa on arrival. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Egypt Visa on arrival. You can find Egypt visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Egypt from New Zealand?
No, Egypt Visa on arrival is not required before travelling to Egypt for New Zealand citizens. New Zealand passport holders have to apply for a tourist visa on arrival.
Egypt visit visa conditions for New Zealand citizens
- Egypt visa on arrival can be obtained at Cairo International Airport or Sharm El Sheikh Airport at the bank kiosks before the immigration counters
- The process is relatively quick and easy, though you may need to wait in a queue for some time. Complete the application form, present your passport (valid for at least another six months and with a free page for the visa sticker), and pay the fee.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 30 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: $25
- Stay: short term
Egypt tourist visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
Documents required for Egypt tourist visa from New Zealand include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of New Zealand with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from New Zealand in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Egypt
How to apply for Egypt Visa on arrival from New Zealand
Egypt visa on arrival process for New Zealand cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 6 steps and carrying the necessary documents, New Zealand citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Egypt. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Egypt.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Egypt tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that New Zealand passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Egypt. If not apply for a new New Zealand passport.
Arrival After arriving, New Zealand citizens can go to Egypt immigration counter.
Fill application Fill out the immigration form of Egypt.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Egypt, present New Zealand passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Receive visa You will receive Egypt visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Egypt for the 30 days on your stamping.
Egypt visa exemption for New Zealand citizens
- Visa exemption does not apply, but Visa on Arrival (VOA) is available at all international airports.
- The VOA fee is $25 USD, granting a single-entry stay for 30 days.
- The Canada visa must have been used to enter Canada at least once before.
- Applicable Countries: All Countries
todayMax stay: 30 days
Thing to consider when applying for Egypt tourist visa
- Make sure New Zealand passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Egypt.
- Always carry New Zealand passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Egypt.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Egypt, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Egypt and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Egypt.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Egypt.
- Research the weather conditions in Egypt and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Egypt.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Egypt.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Egypt.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Egypt.
Egypt travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Auckland to Cairo, with prices starting at $1,044.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Egypt visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Egypt Visa on arrival
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.