Finland Schengen visa free
Finland Schengen visa free for Portugal citizens
Portuguese citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Finland. Finland Schengen visa free is free for Portuguese citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Finland Schengen visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Finland Schengen visa free. You can find Finland visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Finland from Portugal?
No, Finland visa is not required for Portuguese citizens. Portuguese passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Finland schengen visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
Documents required for Finland schengen visa from Portugal include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or National ID card of Portugal with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Portugal in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Finland
How to apply for Finland Schengen visa free from Portugal
Finland visa free process for Portuguese cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Portuguese citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Finland. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Finland.
Valid passport Check that Portuguese passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Finland. If not apply for a new Portuguese passport.
Arrival After arriving, Portuguese citizens can go to Finland immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Finland, present Portugal passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Finland visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Finland for the 90 days on your stamping.
Finland visa exemption for Portuguese citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Finland schengen visa
- Citizen Card valid
- Make sure Portugal passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Finland.
- Always carry Portugal passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Finland.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Finland, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Finland and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Finland.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Finland.
- Research the weather conditions in Finland and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Finland.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Finland.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Finland.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Finland.
Finland travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Lisbon to Helsinki, with prices starting at 176,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Finland visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Finland Schengen visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.