Georgia visa for South African citizens in June 2023
Georgia tourist visa
Georgia tourist visa for South Africa citizens
South African citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Georgia. Georgia tourist visa is free for South African citizens. With this tourist visa stay is usually short with a period of 1 year and visa expires in 1 year. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Georgia tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Georgia tourist visa. You can find Georgia visa exemptions.
Georgia tourist visa conditions for South African citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 1 year
- Visa validity: 1 year
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Georgia tourist visa requirements for South African citizens
Documents required for Georgia tourist visa from South Africa include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of South Africa with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from South Africa in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Georgia
How to apply for Georgia tourist visa from South Africa
Georgia visa free process for South African cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, South African citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Georgia. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Georgia.
Valid passport Check that South African passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Georgia. If not apply for a new South African passport.
Arrival After arriving, South African citizens can go to Georgia immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Georgia, present South Africa passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Georgia visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Georgia for the duration on your stamping.
Georgia visa exemption for South African citizens
- The visa must be valid on the day of arrival in Georgia.
- The total duration of consecutive stays cannot exceed 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Applicable Countries: All Countries
todayMax stay: 90 days
Thing to consider when applying for Georgia tourist visa
- Make sure South Africa passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Georgia.
- Always carry South Africa passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Georgia.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Georgia, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Georgia and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Georgia.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Georgia.
- Research the weather conditions in Georgia and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Georgia.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Georgia.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Georgia.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Georgia.
Georgia travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Johannesburg to Tbilisi, with prices starting at R6 154,00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Georgia
✈️ flight prices
Stay in Georgia
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Georgia
🏥 travel insurance cover
Money in Georgia
💳 access money easily
Drive in Georgia
🚙 best car rentals
Georgia is part of Asia with main city at Tbilisi. Its Developing country with a population of 4M. The main currency is Lari. The languages spoken are Georgian.
Do south african citizens need a visa for Georgia?
No, visa is not required for South African citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Georgia visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
South Africa tourist visa advice
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for South Africa visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Countries to travel near Georgia with South Africa passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.