Hungary visa for UK citizens in 2023
Hungary tourist visa
Hungary tourist visa for UK citizens
UK citizens do not need a visa when travelling to Hungary. Hungary tourist visa is free for UK citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Hungary tourist visa. A total of 4 documents are required for applying Hungary tourist visa.
Hungary visit visa conditions, fees and processing time for UK citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Hungary schengen visa requirements for UK citizens
Documents required for Hungary schengen visa from UK include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 4 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave destination, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
Proof of travel insurance for destination with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world with Coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
How to apply for Hungary tourist visa from UK
Hungary visa free process for UK cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, UK citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Hungary. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Hungary.
Valid passport Check that UK passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Hungary. If not apply for a new UK passport.
Arrival After arriving, UK citizens can go to Hungary immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Hungary, present UK passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Hungary visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Hungary for the duration on your stamping.
Hungary travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Hungary
✈️ best flight deals
Stay in Hungary
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Hungary
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Hungary
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Hungary
💳 access money easily
Hungary schengen visa and travel tips
- 90 days within any 180-day period in the Schengen Area
- Make sure UK passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Hungary.
- Always carry UK passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Hungary.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Hungary, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Hungary and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Hungary.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Hungary.
- Research the weather conditions in Hungary and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Hungary.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Hungary.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Hungary.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Hungary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do uk citizens need a visa to go to Hungary?
No, visa is not required for UK citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Hungary visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Hungary with UK passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.