Iran visa on arrival
Visa on Arrival
Iran visa on arrival from Ireland
Iran visa on arrival is available on arrival for Irish citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 1 month and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Iran visa on arrival. A total of 6 documents are required for applying Iran visa on arrival. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Iran visa on arrival conditions for Irish citizens
- Apply for an electronic visa application by clicking on the following
- You must submit a hardcopy of Grant Notice to the Visa-On-Arrival counter at the airport. The notice will be available when your application for Visa on Arrival is approved and you receive the grant email.
- Citizens of foreign countries, who are entitled to obtain visas at border checkpoints, must pay visa fee through banking terminals at airport in euros.
- Visa on arrival is issued in all Iranian airports.
Max Stay: 1 month
Visa Validity: 30 days
How to apply Iran visa on arrival from Ireland
Step 1 : Irish citizens can got to Iran and get a visa on arrival.
Step 2 : After arriving, Irish citizens can go to Iran immigration counter.
Step 3 : Fill out the immigration form of Iran.
Step 4 : Submit the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Step 5 : Based on your document you will be granted a visa for Iran.
Step 6 : Once you get entry stamp, you can enter Iran and stay for the duration on your visa.
Iran tourist visa requirements for Irish citizens
6 documents required for Iran tourist visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Iran
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to Iran. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to Iran. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
Original Passport or Travel document of Ireland with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Iran. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
A letter from your relative or friend or company inviting you to visit and their relationship to you. The letter could state: the purpose of your visit and length of stay, if you will be staying with them, If this person will be paying for your stay, provide proof of their funds. An invitation letter or hotel reservation voucher. The invitation letter has to be sent from the Iranian travel agency to Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs at least 48 hours before your arrival to Iran airport.
Iran COVID-19 travel restrictions
Iran has major restrictions for travel. Most visitors from Ireland will not be allowed to travel to Iran. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Iran.
✨ Iran tourist visa tips
- Applying through the Iranian Travel Agencies and having Iran Visa reference number before the trip still the safer way.
- Valid Travel Insurance is often asked at the Airports, be sure you have adequate travel insurance for Iran. Here is some useful information about travel insurance for Iran
- You no longer need to apply through the e-visa site at least 2 days in advance to present the submission notice at the visa desk in the airport. Although it does seem to help you get processed faster on arrival. No need to wait for anything from the system, just print the confirmation and fly.
- You can exit Iran through a land border with a visa on arrival.
- Getting 2 visa on arrivals on the same passport is not a problem should you return to Iran at a later date.
- When arriving at the airport, you will be asked to buy a health insurance policy if you cannot produce evidence of already having one (per person 18$ / 14 Euro) at one counter and then on the second counter, the Iranian visa will be issued as soon as the fee is paid.
- You also don’t need a ID picture anymore, but take one just in case.
- A visa on arrival is only available at Qeshm, Kish, Mashhad, Isfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz and Tehran.
- Extension of stay is possible.
- Women will be refused entry if not wearing Islamic head cover, scarf, long sleeves or stockings.
- All foreigners must report to the Iranian police within 8 days of arrival.
- Visa on arrival excludes all reporters, journalists, photographers and cameramen, who must obtain a visa prior to entering Iran.
- A visa on arrival for business travellers is available if holding a letter of invitation from a government agency which is issued at least 2 days prior to arrival.
🎒 Iran travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Iran visa advice
Do irish citizens need a visa to go to Iran?
No, visa is not required for Irish citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Iran visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.