Iran tourist visa
Iran tourist visa from UK
Iran tourist visa is required for UK citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 3 months. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Iran tourist visa. A total of 11 documents are required for applying Iran tourist visa. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Iran tourist visa conditions for UK citizens
- Some visa applicants will need to attend a visa interview, though some applicants may qualify for a visa without interview. You should wait until your application pass all required process within 10 business days.
- If the embassy or consulate at which you apply informs that you must have a visa interview, the visa application process cannot be completed until you appear for an interview with a consular officer.
- Print and keep the evisa application submission notice. This page will be appearing when you completed the email verification process after submitting your online visa application.
Max Stay: 30 days
Visa Validity: 3 months
How to apply for Iran tourist visa from UK
Step 1 : UK citizens need to get a visa for Iran by going to the nearest embassy.
Step 2 : Fill the application form for Iran.
Step 3 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Iran
Step 4 : Once the visa application for Iran is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
Step 5 : Pickup your passport from Iran embassy
Step 6 : You can now travel to Iran and stay for the duration on your visa.
Iran tourist visa requirements for UK citizens
11 documents required for Iran tourist visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Iran
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to Iran. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to Iran. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
Original Passport or Travel document of UK with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A letter from your relative or friend or company inviting you to visit and their relationship to you. The letter could state: the purpose of your visit and length of stay, if you will be staying with them, If this person will be paying for your stay, provide proof of their funds. To apply for an Iranian visa at the embassy, you first need a visa authorisation code from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Iran. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Hotel reservation(s) in Iran for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from UK in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of travel insurance for Iran with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel insurance valid for Iran Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world with Coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from UK. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Iran
Save 88% internationally
💳 No ATM fees in Iran
Iran COVID-19 travel restrictions
Iran has major restrictions for travel. Most visitors from UK will not be allowed to travel to Iran. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Iran.
✨ Iran tourist visa tips
- To apply for an Iranian visa at the embassy, you first need a visa authorisation code from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- You can contact a reliable Iranian travel agency through our contact form to get an Iran LOI with visa authorisation code.
- An “e-visa” system has been put in place since January 2017, that allows travelers to get their authorisation code without going through a tour operator. You still need to visit the embassy to apply and to pick up your visa though.
- In short, it is not a real e-visa. Instead, it is a way to get the authorisation code needed to apply for your Iran visa without the help of a tour operator.
- Not all times are auspicious for traveling to Iran. In the past, it has been difficult to get a visa during election times.
- Tourists for Kish Island do not require a visa for a total of 14 days.
🎒 Iran travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Iran visa advice
Do uk citizens need a visa to go to Iran?
Yes, visa is required for UK citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Iran visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.