Japan visa for Faroe Islander citizens in 2023
Japan tourist visa
Japan tourist visa for Faroe Islander citizens
Faroe Islander citizens do not need a visa when travelling to Japan. Japan tourist visa is free for Faroe Islander citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Japan tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Japan tourist visa.
Japan tourist visa conditions, fees and processing time for Faroe Islander citizens
- The period of stay granted at the time of the landing permission will be "15 days" for Brunei, Indonesia, and Thailand, and "30 days" for United Arab Emirates and "90 days" for other countries and regions.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Japan tourist visa requirements for Faroe Islander citizens
Documents required for Japan tourist visa from Faroe Islands include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Faroe Islands with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Faroe Islands in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Japan
How to apply for Japan tourist visa from Faroe Islands
Japan visa free process for Faroe Islander cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Faroe Islander citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Japan. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Japan.
Valid passport Check that Faroe Islander passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Japan. If not apply for a new Faroe Islander passport.
Arrival After arriving, Faroe Islander citizens can go to Japan immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Japan, present Faroe Islands passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Japan visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Japan for the duration on your stamping.
Japan travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Stay in Japan
🛏️ get best hotel prices
Insurance in Japan
🏥 travel insurance
Internet in Japan
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Japan
💳 no ATM fees
Japan tourist visa and travel tips
- Citizens of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland and the United Kingdom may apply for an extension of stay with the Ministry of Justice for up to 6 months.
- For the United Kingdom, only British citizens and British Nationals (Overseas) are eligible for visa-free entry.
- For nationals of Barbados (since April 1, 2010), Turkey (since April 1, 2011) and Lesotho (since April 1, 2010), visas are not required only for holders of Machine-Readable Passport (MRP) or ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold an MRP or ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For nationals of Malaysia (since July 1, 2013), visas are not required only for holders of ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold such ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For holders of Taiwan passports which includes a personal identification number.
- For citizens of Hong Kong, visas are not required only for holders of Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport issued by the Hong Kong SAR of the People’s Republic of China or British National Overseas (BNO) passports who have the right of residence in Hong Kong.
- For citizens of Macao, visas are not required only for holders of SAR passport issued by the Macao SAR of the People’s Republic of China.
- Japan suspended visa free program
- Make sure Faroe Islands passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Japan.
- Always carry Faroe Islands passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Japan.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Japan, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Japan and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Japan.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Japan.
- Research the weather conditions in Japan and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Japan.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Japan.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Japan.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Japan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do faroe islander citizens need a visa to go to Japan?
No, visa is not required for Faroe Islander citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Japan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Japan with Faroe Islands passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.