Japan Visa free
Japan tourist visa for Niue citizens
Niuean citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Japan. Japan Visa free is free for Niuean citizens. With this tourist visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Japan visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Japan visa free. You can find Japan visa exemptions.
Japan tourist visa conditions for Niuean citizens
- The period of stay granted at the time of the landing permission will be "15 days" for Brunei, Indonesia, and Thailand, and "30 days" for United Arab Emirates and "90 days" for other countries and regions.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Japan tourist visa requirements for Niuean citizens
Documents required for Japan tourist visa from Niue include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Niue with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Niue in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Japan
How to apply for Japan tourist visa from Niue
Japan visa free process for Niuean cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Niuean citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Japan. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Japan.
Valid passport Check that Niuean passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Japan. If not apply for a new Niuean passport.
Arrival After arriving, Niuean citizens can go to Japan immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Japan, present Niue passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Japan visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Japan for the 90 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Japan tourist visa
- Citizens of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland and the United Kingdom may apply for an extension of stay with the Ministry of Justice for up to 6 months.
- For the United Kingdom, only British citizens and British Nationals (Overseas) are eligible for visa-free entry.
- For nationals of Barbados (since April 1, 2010), Turkey (since April 1, 2011) and Lesotho (since April 1, 2010), visas are not required only for holders of Machine-Readable Passport (MRP) or ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold an MRP or ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For nationals of Malaysia (since July 1, 2013), visas are not required only for holders of ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold such ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For holders of Taiwan passports which includes a personal identification number.
- For citizens of Hong Kong, visas are not required only for holders of Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport issued by the Hong Kong SAR of the People’s Republic of China or British National Overseas (BNO) passports who have the right of residence in Hong Kong.
- For citizens of Macao, visas are not required only for holders of SAR passport issued by the Macao SAR of the People’s Republic of China.
- Japan lifted travel restrictions implemented on 3 April 2020 and reinstated visa-free entry effective from 11 October 2022.
Japan travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Japan tourist visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Japan visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.