Jersey visa for Bahamian citizens in May 2023
Jersey tourist visa
Jersey tourist visa for Bahamas citizens
Bahamian citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Jersey. Jersey tourist visa is free for Bahamian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 180 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Jersey tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Jersey tourist visa. You can find Jersey visa exemptions.
UK visa policy applicable
Jersey has the same visa policy as UK. While it shares aspects of its visa policy with UK, it has its own specific entry requirements as well. Visitors to Jersey must abide by its entry and visa regulations, which can sometime differ from those applicable to UK.
Jersey visit visa conditions for Bahamian citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 180 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Jersey tourist visa requirements for Bahamian citizens
Documents required for Jersey tourist visa from Bahamas include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Bahamas with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Bahamas in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Jersey
How to apply for Jersey tourist visa from Bahamas
Jersey visa free process for Bahamian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Bahamian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Jersey. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Jersey.
Valid passport Check that Bahamian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Jersey. If not apply for a new Bahamian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Bahamian citizens can go to Jersey immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Jersey, present Bahamas passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Jersey visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Jersey for the duration on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Jersey tourist visa
- To visit Jersey for Business or Tourism, you do not require a visa.
- To check permitted length of stay and other entry requirements, visit the government site.
- Make sure Bahamas passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Jersey.
- Always carry Bahamas passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Jersey.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Jersey, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Jersey and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Jersey.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Jersey.
- Research the weather conditions in Jersey and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Jersey.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Jersey.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Jersey.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Jersey.
Jersey travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Jersey
✈️ best flight deals
Stay in Jersey
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Jersey
🏥 travel insurance cover
Money in Jersey
💳 access money easily
Drive in Jersey
🚙 best car rentals
Jersey is part of Europe with main city at Saint Helier. Its Developed country with a population of 101K. The main currency is Pound Sterling. The languages spoken are English and French.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do bahamian citizens need a visa to go to Jersey?
No, visa is not required for Bahamian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Jersey visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Jersey with Bahamas passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.