Laos Visa on arrival
Laos Visa on arrival for Montserrat citizens
Montserratian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Laos. Laos Visa on arrival is available on arrival for Montserratian citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Laos Visa on arrival. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Laos Visa on arrival. You can find Laos visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Laos from Montserrat?
No, Laos Visa on arrival is not required before travelling to Laos for Montserratian citizens. Montserratian passport holders have to apply for a tourist visa on arrival.
Laos visit visa conditions for Montserratian citizens
- On arrival, the traveler should head to the window marked “On Arrival”. The immigration window is only for people who already have the visa.
- If the traveler hasn’t already filled the application, it is advised to complete the visa on arrival form by the window. Once completed, the traveler should submit the form and the two photographs to the immigration official at the “on arrival” window.
- To finalize the process, the traveler is expected to pay the visa fee in cash. It is possible to pay for this fee in american dollars.
- After providing all the documentation, travelers are asked to wait. The name of the traveler will be called when their application has been reviewed.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 30 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Stay: short term
Laos tourist visa requirements for Montserratian citizens
Documents required for Laos tourist visa from Montserrat include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Proof of Funds
Completed application form for Laos
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Montserrat with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Montserrat in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Laos
How to apply for Laos Visa on arrival from Montserrat
Laos visa on arrival process for Montserratian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 6 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Montserratian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Laos. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Laos.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Laos tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Montserratian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Laos. If not apply for a new Montserratian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Montserratian citizens can go to Laos immigration counter.
Fill application Fill out the immigration form of Laos.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Laos, present Montserrat passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Receive visa You will receive Laos visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Laos for the 30 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Laos tourist visa
- There are 22 ports of entry where foreign visitors from eligible countries will be able to obtain a visa on arrival to enter Laos.
- These are the main border checkpoints in Laoslike International airports: Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital, Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province, Pakse International Airport in Champasak Province, Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
- These are the land border checkpoints where it is possible to get a visa on arrival for Laos:
- Through Thailand-Laos: Chiang Khong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province,Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province, Houi Koln – Nam Ngeun, Nan to Sayabouly Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhai-Vientiane Capital, Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province, Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province.
- Through Cambodia-Laos: Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasack Province.
- Through Vietnam-Laos: Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province, Namkan – Namkan, Nge An to Xieng Khouang Province, Keoneua – Nampao (Lak Sao), Ha tinh to Bolikhamxay Province, Laobao – Dansavanh, Quang tri to Savannakhet Province.
- Through China-Laos: Mohan – Botene, Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
- Visa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges and 6 border crossings. Visa on arrival facilities are being gradually phased out since January 2020.
- eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Luangphabang, Pakse and Vientiane international airports, 3 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges and in Boten (road and railroad).
- 17 of the 31 border crossings are only open to visa holders.
- Visa on arrival is extendable for an additional 60 days at the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
- Make sure Montserrat passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Laos.
- Always carry Montserrat passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Laos.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Laos, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Laos and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Laos.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Laos.
- Research the weather conditions in Laos and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Laos.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Laos.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Laos.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Laos.
Laos travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Laos visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Laos Visa on arrival
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.