Romania Tourist visa
Romania Tourist visa for Sierra Leone citizens
Sierra Leonean citizens must obtain a visa before travelling to Romania. Romania Tourist visa is required for Sierra Leonean citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Romania Tourist visa. A total of 10 documents are required for applying Romania Tourist visa. You can find Romania visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Romania from Sierra Leone?
Yes, Romania Tourist visa is required for Sierra Leonean citizens. Sierra Leonean passport holders need to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy.
Romania visit visa conditions for Sierra Leonean citizens
- Consular officers at the Diplomatic Mission (or Consulate) of the Republic of Cyprus where the visa application is lodged, assess the applicant's purpose of travel and willingness to return to his/her home country.
- Visa applicants should submit their visa application and supporting documents to the accredited, competent or most easily accessible Diplomatic Mission (or Consulate) of the Republic of Cyprus in their country of habitual residence (or elsewhere), or in the country that they intent to use as transit during their journey to Cyprus.
- The visa fee is non-refundable and should be paid upon submission of the application.
- Visa application shall be submitted no sooner than three months prior to the date of the intended trip.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Stay: short term
Romania tourist visa requirements for Sierra Leonean citizens
Documents required for Romania tourist visa from Sierra Leone include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 10 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Romania
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Provide a previous passport of country if any.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Proof of travel insurance for destination with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from country. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Accomodation reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
How to apply for Romania Tourist visa from Sierra Leone
Romania tourist visa application process for Sierra Leonean citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Sierra Leonean citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Romania visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Romania government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Romania tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Sierra Leonean passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Romania. If not apply for a new Sierra Leonean passport.
Fill application Fill the application form for Romania.
Schedule appointment Schedule an appointment with the Romania embassy or consulate where you will submit your application. You can do this online or by contacting the embassy or consulate.
Submit documents After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Romania
Visa processing After submission your Romania visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer. The visa application will either be approved or denied based on the information provided in the application and the supporting documents.
Receive visa If application is approved, the applicant will receive Romania in their passport and can collect passport from the Romania embassy or consulate.
Romania visa exemption for Sierra Leonean citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Romania tourist visa
- Make sure Sierra Leone passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Romania.
- Always carry Sierra Leone passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Romania.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Romania, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Romania and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Romania.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Romania.
- Research the weather conditions in Romania and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Romania.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Romania.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Romania.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Romania.
Romania travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Freetown to Bucharest, with prices starting at Le30,884,653.00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Romania visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Romania Tourist visa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.