Saint Martin visa for Virgin Islander citizens in 2023
Saint Martin tourist visa
Saint Martin tourist visa for Virgin Islander citizens
Virgin Islander citizens do not need a visa when travelling to Saint Martin. Saint Martin tourist visa is free for Virgin Islander citizens. The stay is usually short. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Saint Martin tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Saint Martin tourist visa.
France visa policy applicable
Saint Martin has the same visa policy as France. While it shares aspects of its visa policy with France, it has its own specific entry requirements as well. Visitors to Saint Martin must abide by its entry and visa regulations, which can sometime differ from those applicable to France.
Saint Martin visit visa conditions, fees and processing time for Virgin Islander citizens
- Saint Martin is a French overseas territory.
- Saint Martin is not a part of the EU or Schengen Area, but relaxed regulations apply to citizens of these countries.
- Nationals of EU and Schengen countries can enter Saint Martin with their National Identity Card instead of a passport.
- There are no time restrictions for EU and Schengen nationals traveling to Saint Martin with their National Identity Card.
- Applicant: required
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Saint Martin tourist visa requirements for Virgin Islander citizens
Documents required for Saint Martin tourist visa from US Virgin Islands include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of US Virgin Islands with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from US Virgin Islands in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Saint Martin
How to apply for Saint Martin tourist visa from US Virgin Islands
Saint Martin visa free process for Virgin Islander cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Virgin Islander citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Saint Martin. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Saint Martin.
Valid passport Check that Virgin Islander passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Saint Martin. If not apply for a new Virgin Islander passport.
Arrival After arriving, Virgin Islander citizens can go to Saint Martin immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Saint Martin, present US Virgin Islands passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Saint Martin visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Saint Martin for the duration on your stamping.
Saint Martin travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Saint Martin
✈️ best flight deals
Stay in Saint Martin
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Saint Martin
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Saint Martin
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Saint Martin
💳 access money easily
Saint Martin tourist visa and travel tips
- Make sure US Virgin Islands passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Saint Martin.
- Always carry US Virgin Islands passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Saint Martin.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Saint Martin, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Saint Martin and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Saint Martin.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Saint Martin.
- Research the weather conditions in Saint Martin and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Saint Martin.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Saint Martin.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Saint Martin.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Saint Martin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do virgin islander citizens need a visa to go to Saint Martin?
No, visa is not required for Virgin Islander citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Saint Martin visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Saint Martin with US Virgin Islands passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.