South Africa tourist visa
South Africa tourist visa for Burundian citizens
Burundian citizens are required to have a visa when travelling to South Africa. South Africa tourist visa is required for Burundian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for South Africa tourist visa. A total of 7 documents are required for applying South Africa tourist visa.
South Africa tourist visa conditions for Burundian citizens
- Applying for a South African Visa Visitors’ visas are for international travellers (citizens of other countries) who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
- A visa simply indicates that your application has been reviewed at a South African embassy, mission or consulate and that the consular officer has determined you are eligible to enter the country for a specific purpose.
- The visa will allow you to travel to a South African port of entry where an immigration official will then determine if you are allowed to enter South Africa and for how long you can stay for that particular visit. Visitors are restricted to the activity or purpose for which their visas were issued.
- On entry to South Africa, a visa is considered to be a visitor’s permit. The permit’s period of validity is calculated from the date of entry into the country and will be set out under the heading “conditions” on the visa label. You must ensure that you apply for the correct visa/permit. Entry in the country may be refused if the purpose of visit was not correctly stated.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
How to apply for South Africa tourist visa from Burundi
Burundian citizens need to get tourist visa to visit South Africa. South Africa tourist visa process requires you to follow a total of 8 steps.
- Step 1 : Gather all the necessary documents required for a South Africa tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
- Step 2 : Check that Burundian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in South Africa. If not apply for a new Burundian passport.
- Step 3 : Fill the application form for South Africa.
- Step 4 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of South Africa
- Step 5 : Once visa application for South Africa is approved, you will receive a visa sticker in your passport and will be notified by e-mail.
- Step 6 : Pickup your passport from South Africa embassy
- Step 7 : Upon arrival in South Africa, present Burundi passport to the immigration officer at the counter.
- Step 8 : You will receive South Africa visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in South Africa for the duration on your stamping.
South Africa tourist visa requirements for Burundian citizens
Documents required for South Africa tourist visa from Burundi include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 7 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for South Africa
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Hotel reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from country in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Bujumbura to Johannesburg
✈️ flight prices next week
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for South Africa
🎒 South Africa travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
South Africa visa advice
Do burundian citizens need a visa to go to South Africa?
Yes, visa is required for Burundian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for South Africa visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
South Africa travel restrictions
South Africa has moderate restrictions for travel. Most visitors from Burundi need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result to enter South Africa. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel South Africa.
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.