South Africa tourist visa
South Africa tourist visa from Iraq
South Africa tourist visa is required for Iraqi citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for South Africa tourist visa. A total of 9 documents are required for applying South Africa tourist visa. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
South Africa tourist visa conditions for Iraqi citizens
- Applying for a South African Visa Visitors’ visas are for international travellers (citizens of other countries) who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
- A visa simply indicates that your application has been reviewed at a South African embassy, mission or consulate and that the consular officer has determined you are eligible to enter the country for a specific purpose.
- The visa will allow you to travel to a South African port of entry where an immigration official will then determine if you are allowed to enter South Africa and for how long you can stay for that particular visit. Visitors are restricted to the activity or purpose for which their visas were issued.
- On entry to South Africa, a visa is considered to be a visitor’s permit. The permit’s period of validity is calculated from the date of entry into the country and will be set out under the heading “conditions” on the visa label. You must ensure that you apply for the correct visa/permit. Entry in the country may be refused if the purpose of visit was not correctly stated.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
How to apply for South Africa tourist visa from Iraq
Step 1 : Iraqi citizens need to get a visa for South Africa by going to the nearest embassy.
Step 2 : Fill the application form for South Africa.
Step 3 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of South Africa
Step 4 : Once the visa application for South Africa is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
Step 5 : Pickup your passport from South Africa embassy
Step 6 : You can now travel to South Africa and stay for the duration on your visa.
South Africa tourist visa requirements for Iraqi citizens
9 documents required for South Africa tourist visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for South Africa
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to South Africa. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to South Africa. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
Original Passport or Travel document of Iraq with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Hotel reservation(s) in South Africa for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for South Africa. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from Iraq in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Baghdad to Johannesburg
✈️ flight prices next week
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for South Africa
Save 88% internationally
💳 No ATM fees in South Africa
South Africa COVID-19 travel restrictions
South Africa is open for travel. Most visitors from Iraq can travel to South Africa without restrictions. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel South Africa.
✨ South Africa tourist visa tips
- SOUTH AFRICA does not have an Embassy in Iraq
- Iraqi Citizens can apply for visa at the SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY IN AMMAN
🎒 South Africa travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
South Africa visa advice
Do iraqi citizens need a visa to go to South Africa?
Yes, visa is required for Iraqi citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for South Africa visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.