South Korea Tourist visa
South Korea Tourist visa for Afghanistan citizens
Afghan citizens must obtain a visa before travelling to South Korea. South Korea Tourist visa is required for Afghan citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for South Korea Tourist visa. A total of 7 documents are required for applying South Korea Tourist visa.
Do you need a visa to go to South Korea from Afghanistan?
Yes, South Korea Tourist visa is required for Afghan citizens. Afghan passport holders need to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy.
South Korea visit visa conditions for Afghan citizens
- You can apply for a single-entry visa valid for 3 months or a double-entry visa valid for 6 months.
- Periods of stay will be granted for up to 90 days for a single-entry visa , and 30 days for a double-entry visa.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Stay: short term
South Korea tourist visa requirements for Afghan citizens
Documents required for South Korea tourist visa from Afghanistan include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 7 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for South Korea
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Accomodation reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
How to apply for South Korea Tourist visa from Afghanistan
South Korea tourist visa application process for Afghan citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Afghan citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an South Korea visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The South Korea government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a South Korea tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Afghan passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in South Korea. If not apply for a new Afghan passport.
Fill application Fill the application form for South Korea.
Schedule appointment Schedule an appointment with the South Korea embassy or consulate where you will submit your application. You can do this online or by contacting the embassy or consulate.
Submit documents After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of South Korea
Visa processing After submission your South Korea visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer. The visa application will either be approved or denied based on the information provided in the application and the supporting documents.
Receive visa If application is approved, the applicant will receive South Korea in their passport and can collect passport from the South Korea embassy or consulate.
Thing to consider when applying for South Korea tourist visa
- Make sure Afghanistan passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to South Korea.
- Always carry Afghanistan passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in South Korea.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for South Korea, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in South Korea and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in South Korea.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in South Korea.
- Research the weather conditions in South Korea and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in South Korea.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in South Korea.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in South Korea.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in South Korea.
South Korea travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
South Korea visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about South Korea Tourist visa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.