South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA)
South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) for Costa Rica citizens
Costa Rican citizens can apply for electronic travel authorization online when travelling to South Korea. South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) is available online for Costa Rican citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 2 years. Applicant is required to be present when applying for South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA). A total of 5 documents are required for applying South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA). You can find South Korea visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to South Korea from Costa Rica?
Yes, South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) is required for Costa Rican citizens. Costa Rican passport holders can to apply for a tourist visa online.
South Korea visit visa conditions for Costa Rican citizens
- K-ETA eligible nationals, who wish to enter visa-free the Republic of Korea, must obtain K-ETA approval before boarding the flight or ship.
- Assessment can take more than 72 hours depending of the situation (ex, an increased number of K-ETA applications, applicants’ circumstances, etc).
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 2 years
- Stay: short term
South Korea tourist visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens
Documents required for South Korea tourist visa from Costa Rica include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for South Korea
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Costa Rica with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for South Korea An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Hotel reservation(s) in South Korea for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
How to apply for South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) from Costa Rica
South Korea online e-visa application process for Costa Rican citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Costa Rican citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an South Korea visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The South Korea government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a South Korea tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Costa Rican passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in South Korea. If not apply for a new Costa Rican passport.
Online application Go to the South Korea tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your South Korea visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for South Korea is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
South Korea visa exemption for Costa Rican citizens
- Travel must be to Canada, the US, Australia, or New Zealand via South Korea, or
- Departure must be from Canada, the US, Australia, or New Zealand, en route to a third country via South Korea.
- Applicable Countries: All Countries
- Exempted Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameron, Cuba, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Uzbekistan, Yemen
todayMax stay: 30 days
Thing to consider when applying for South Korea tourist visa
- Make sure Costa Rica passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to South Korea.
- Always carry Costa Rica passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in South Korea.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for South Korea, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in South Korea and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in South Korea.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in South Korea.
- Research the weather conditions in South Korea and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in South Korea.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in South Korea.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in South Korea.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in South Korea.
South Korea travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from San Jose to Seoul, with prices starting at ₡423.970,00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
South Korea visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about South Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA)
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.