Taiwan visa on arrival
Last updated: July 5, 2021
Visa on Arrival
Taiwan visa on arrival is available on arrival for Hong Kong citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of . Applicant is required to be present when applying for Taiwan visa on arrival. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Taiwan visa on arrival. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Taiwan COVID-19 travel restrictions
Taiwan has Major restrictions for travel. You are required to have mandatory quarantine. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Taiwan.
Get Taiwan visa on arrival from Hong Kong
- Eligible passport holders are required to complete an application form, submit two photos, a confirmed return air ticket or onward air ticket, and a visa or entry permit for the next destination when applying for a Landing Visa.
- Passengers entering the Republic of China through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport may apply for a landing visa at the Visa Office of Consular Affairs Bureau at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
- Passengers who enter the Republic of China through the Taipei SongShan Airport, the TaichungAirport and the Kaohsiung International Airport shall apply for "temporary entry permit" at Border Affairs Corps of National Immigration Agency.The holder of this permit should apply for a visa as soon as possible at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or at any of the branch offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taichung, Chiayi, Kaohsiung or Hualian. The holder will need to submit his/her passport, temporary entry permit when applying for the visa.
- In the event of a long national holiday, the holder may apply for a visa at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TIA) Visa Office, Bureau of Consular Affairs. The holder is not allowed to depart from the airports until he/she has applied for a visa.
Taiwan tourist visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens
5 documents required for Taiwan tourist visa
Visa Application Form: Complete application form for Taiwan
Passport Photo: Photo must be no older than 6 months
Passport: Original Passport or Travel document with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Hotel Bookings: Hotel reservation(s) for the duration of your visit.
Flight Bookings: Flight reservations(s) for the country of your visit and return ticket
✨ Taiwan tourist visa tips
- Port of entry are Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei SongShan Airport, Taichung Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport.
- Entry permit on arrival for NT$300. Free online registration prior to arrival is also available. Applicable only to those born in Hong Kong or Macau, or those who have previously entered Taiwan at least once as a permanent resident of Hong Kong. Not applicable to HKSAR passport holders with nationality or citizenship of another country except for persons with dual Chinese nationality and British National (Overseas) status
- In addition, HKSAR passport holders can now apply entry permit online.
🎒 Taiwan travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Taiwan visa advice
Do hong kong citizens need a visa to go to Taiwan?
No, visa is not required for Hong Kong citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Taiwan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Hong Kong citizens can get a visa on arrival for travelling to Taiwan.
Visa AdviceInstead of waiting to get answers, you can get visa advice for Hong Kong immediately.
🙋♂️ Ask a question
🙋♂️ Questions by fellow travellers
No one has asked any questions yet. Do you want to be the first one?
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.