USA tourist visa
USA tourist visa for Libyan citizens
Libyan citizens are required to have a visa when travelling to USA. USA tourist visa is required for Libyan citizens. The stay is usually long with a period of 180 days and visa expires in upto 10 years. Applicant is required to be present when applying for USA tourist visa. A total of 11 documents are required for applying USA tourist visa.
USA tourist visa conditions for Libyan citizens
- US presumes that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. So the applicant has to provide his genuine desire to visit USA is temporary and he wishes to return to his home country.
- Filling your Visa Application (DS-160 ) is only the first step in the visa application process.
- After that book an appointment for Visa Interview and pay the fees.
- Visit the U.S. Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.
- You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
- Some countries citizens dont need an appointment, you can check this with the US embassy in your country.
Max Stay: 180 days
Visa Validity: upto 10 years
How to apply for USA tourist visa from Libya
Libyan citizens need to get tourist visa to visit USA. USA tourist visa process requires you to follow a total of 8 steps.
- Step 1 : Gather all the necessary documents required for a USA tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
- Step 2 : Check that Libyan passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in USA. If not apply for a new Libyan passport.
- Step 3 : Fill the application form for USA.
- Step 4 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of USA
- Step 5 : Once visa application for USA is approved, you will receive a visa sticker in your passport and will be notified by e-mail.
- Step 6 : Pickup your passport from USA embassy
- Step 7 : Upon arrival in USA, present Libya passport to the immigration officer at the counter.
- Step 8 : You will receive USA visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in USA for the duration on your stamping.
USA tourist visa requirements for Libyan citizens
Documents required for USA tourist visa from Libya include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 11 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for USA
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Appointment booking confirmation with the consulate of destination.
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Previous visas if available.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from country in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of Funds
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave destination, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
Proof of Return
Proof that you have reasons to return to country such as: • A letter from your employer stating you plan to return to your job • Proof that you study at a school, college or university in your home country • Proof that you have immediate family members in your home country(photos, marriage certificates etc) • Proof that you can return home • Proof that you own a house or other major assets in your home country
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
Any financial documents like FD, Shares, Mutual Funds, NSC, PPF, Property papers or any other financial documents in country.
Tripoli to Los Angeles
✈️ flight prices next week
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for USA
🎒 USA travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
USA visa advice
Do libyan citizens need a visa to go to USA?
Yes, visa is required for Libyan citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for USA visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
USA travel restrictions
USA has moderate restrictions for travel. Most visitors from Libya need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result to enter USA. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel USA.
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.