Vatican City Visa free
Vatican City Visa free for Italy citizens
Italian citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Vatican City. Vatican City Visa free is free for Italian citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Vatican City Visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Vatican City Visa free. You can find Vatican City visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Vatican City from Italy?
No, Vatican City visa is not required for Italian citizens. Italian passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Vatican City visit visa conditions for Italian citizens
Vatican City schengen visa requirements for Italian citizens
Documents required for Vatican City schengen visa from Italy include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or National ID card of Italy with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Italy in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Vatican City
How to apply for Vatican City Visa free from Italy
Vatican City visa free process for Italian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Italian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Vatican City. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Vatican City.
Valid passport Check that Italian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Vatican City. If not apply for a new Italian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Italian citizens can go to Vatican City immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Vatican City, present Italy passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Vatican City visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Vatican City for the 90 days on your stamping.
Vatican City visa exemption for Italian citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Vatican City schengen visa
- ID card valid
- Make sure Italy passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Vatican City.
- Always carry Italy passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Vatican City.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Vatican City, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Vatican City and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Vatican City.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Vatican City.
- Research the weather conditions in Vatican City and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Vatican City.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Vatican City.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Vatican City.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Vatican City.
Vatican City travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Rome to Vatican City, with prices starting at 21,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Vatican City visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Vatican City Visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.