Bhutan visa for Maldivian citizens in 2023
Bhutan tourist visa
Bhutan tourist visa for Maldivian citizens
Maldivian citizens do not need a visa when travelling to Bhutan. Bhutan tourist visa is free for Maldivian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 14 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Bhutan tourist visa. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Bhutan tourist visa.
Bhutan visit visa conditions, fees and processing time for Maldivian citizens
- You can also apply at your point of entry, but please be aware that there may be a long wait depending on the number of applicants at the time.
- If you are applying for a permit on arrival, you will need a passport-size photograph.
- You must also have insurance for the duration of your visit, which you can prearrange or purchase upon arrival.
- Following our reopening on September 23rd 2022, visitors to Bhutan will be required to make an active contribution to Bhutan’s economic, social and cultural development. The Sustainable Development Fee will go towards investment in transformative programmes that preserve our cultural traditions, protect our heritage and environment, upgrade infrastructure, create opportunities for our young people, and build resilience. Your SDF is payable when applying for your permit, either online or in person.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 14 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Bhutan tourist visa requirements for Maldivian citizens
Documents required for Bhutan tourist visa from Maldives include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Proof of Funds
Completed application form for Bhutan
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Maldives with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Maldives in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Bhutan
How to apply for Bhutan tourist visa from Maldives
Bhutan visa free process for Maldivian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Maldivian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Bhutan. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Bhutan.
Valid passport Check that Maldivian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Bhutan. If not apply for a new Maldivian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Maldivian citizens can go to Bhutan immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Bhutan, present Maldives passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Bhutan visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Bhutan for the duration on your stamping.
Bhutan travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Stay in Bhutan
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Bhutan
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Bhutan
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Bhutan
💳 access money easily
Bhutan tourist visa and travel tips
- Make sure Maldives passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Bhutan.
- Always carry Maldives passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Bhutan.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Bhutan, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Bhutan and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Bhutan.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Bhutan.
- Research the weather conditions in Bhutan and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Bhutan.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Bhutan.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Bhutan.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Bhutan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do maldivian citizens need a visa to go to Bhutan?
No, visa is not required for Maldivian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Bhutan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Bhutan with Maldives passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.