China Tourist visa
China Tourist visa for Germany citizens
German citizens must obtain a visa before travelling to China. China Tourist visa is required for German citizens. China tourist visa is also know as China L Visa. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for China Tourist visa. A total of 10 documents are required for applying China Tourist visa. You can find China visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to China from Germany?
Yes, China Tourist visa is required for German citizens. German passport holders need to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy.
China visit visa conditions for German citizens
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Stay: short term
China tourist visa requirements for German citizens
Documents required for China tourist visa from Germany include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 10 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for China
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A clear scan copy of passport of country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Previous visas if available.
Provide a previous passport of country if any.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from country. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Accomodation reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
How to apply for China Tourist visa from Germany
China tourist visa application process for German citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, German citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an China visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The China government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a China tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that German passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in China. If not apply for a new German passport.
Fill application Fill the application form for China.
Schedule appointment Schedule an appointment with the China embassy or consulate where you will submit your application. You can do this online or by contacting the embassy or consulate.
Submit documents After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of China
Visa processing After submission your China visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer. The visa application will either be approved or denied based on the information provided in the application and the supporting documents.
Receive visa If application is approved, the applicant will receive China in their passport and can collect passport from the China embassy or consulate.
Thing to consider when applying for China tourist visa
- 24-hour visa-free transit through China (unless arriving in Fuzhou, Huangshan, Mudanjiang, Shenzhen or Yanji).
- 72-hour visa-free transit through Changsha, Guilin and Harbin.
- 144-hour visa-free transit through Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jieyang, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen and Xi\'an.
- Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan count as third countries under the 24, 72 and 144-hours transit without visa (TWOV) policies.
- Make sure Germany passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to China.
- Always carry Germany passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in China.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for China, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in China and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in China.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in China.
- Research the weather conditions in China and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in China.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in China.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in China.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in China.
China travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Berlin to Shanghai, with prices starting at 704,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
China visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about China Tourist visa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.