Costa Rica Digital Nomad Visa 🇨🇷
Costa Rica digital nomad visa is also know as Costa Rica Rentista. Costa Rica digital nomad visa allows a stay of 24 months. Costa Rica Rentista needs proof of income of $30K per year. An independant business or self employed is a required condition for the Costa Rica Rentista. Costa Rica offers Rentista as digital nomad visa. Get Costa Rica Rentista visa requirements and application.
Costa Rica Rentista details
- Costa Rica grants a temporary residency visa under the category of “rentista”, to foreign-nationals willing to immigrate to the country, who have a regular monthly income of at least US$2,500 from a guaranteed source for two years.
todayMax Stay 24 months
account_balance_walletIncome $30K per year
paymentVisa Fees $250
How to apply for Costa Rica Digital Nomad Visa
Travelling to Costa Rica as a digital nomad requires you to apply for a visa. Costa Rica digital nomad visa process requires you to follow a total of 8 steps.
- Step 1 : Gather all the necessary documents required for a Costa Rica digital nomad visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
- Step 2 : Check that passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Costa Rica. If not apply for a new passport.
- Step 3 : Scan all documents and print a copy of them before hand. All documents that are not in the English language, must be translated and notarized.
- Step 4 : Fill the application form for Costa Rica.
- Step 5 : After filling, providing the required documents and make the payment and submit visa application for Costa Rica digital nomad visa
- Step 6 : Wait for approval. Applicant(s) will be informed by email of successful application(s) for Costa Rica digital nomad visa.
- Step 7 : Upon arrival in Costa Rica, present passport to the immigration officer at the counter.
- Step 8 : You will receive Costa Rica visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Costa Rica for the duration on your stamping.
Costa Rica Digital Nomad Visa requirements
Documents required for Costa Rica digital nomad visa process include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 6 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Costa Rica
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Hotel reservation(s) in Costa Rica for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
International health insurance specifically covering the territory of Costa Rica and indicating the validity of good coverage. Global health insurance for remote workers and nomads.A fully-equipped health insurance made for remote workers and nomads who spend as much time abroad as they please. Full coverage in your home country, and no exclusions for pandemics.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from home country . The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Costa Rica visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Travel Medical Insurance
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.