Denmark visa for Svalbard citizens in 2023
Denmark tourist visa
Denmark tourist visa for Svalbard citizens
Svalbard citizens do not need a visa when travelling to Denmark. Denmark tourist visa is free for Svalbard citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Denmark tourist visa. A total of 4 documents are required for applying Denmark tourist visa.
Denmark visit visa conditions, fees and processing time for Svalbard citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Denmark schengen visa requirements for Svalbard citizens
Documents required for Denmark schengen visa from Svalbard include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 4 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave destination, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
Proof of travel insurance for destination with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world with Coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
How to apply for Denmark tourist visa from Svalbard
Denmark visa free process for Svalbard cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Svalbard citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Denmark. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Denmark.
Valid passport Check that Svalbard passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Denmark. If not apply for a new Svalbard passport.
Arrival After arriving, Svalbard citizens can go to Denmark immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Denmark, present Svalbard passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Denmark visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Denmark for the duration on your stamping.
Denmark travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Stay in Denmark
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Denmark
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Denmark
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Denmark
💳 access money easily
Denmark schengen visa and travel tips
- Make sure Svalbard passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Denmark.
- Always carry Svalbard passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Denmark.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Denmark, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Denmark and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Denmark.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Denmark.
- Research the weather conditions in Denmark and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Denmark.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Denmark.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Denmark.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Denmark.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do svalbard citizens need a visa to go to Denmark?
No, visa is not required for Svalbard citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Denmark visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Denmark with Svalbard passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.