Germany Schengen visa free
Germany Schengen visa free for Austria citizens
Austrian citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Germany. Germany Schengen visa free is free for Austrian citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Germany Schengen visa free. A total of 1 document is required for applying Germany Schengen visa free. You can find Germany visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Germany from Austria?
No, Germany visa is not required for Austrian citizens. Austrian passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Germany visit visa conditions for Austrian citizens
- Austrian citizens have freedom of movement across Germany
Germany schengen visa requirements for Austrian citizens
Documents required for Germany schengen visa from Austria include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 1 document is required.
Original Passport or National ID card of Austria with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
How to apply for Germany Schengen visa free from Austria
Germany visa free process for Austrian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Austrian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Germany. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Germany.
Valid passport Check that Austrian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Germany. If not apply for a new Austrian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Austrian citizens can go to Germany immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Germany, present Austria passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Germany visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Germany for the unlimited period.
Germany visa exemption for Austrian citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Germany schengen visa
- Freedom of movement
- ID card valid
- Make sure Austria passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Germany.
- Always carry Austria passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Germany.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Germany, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Germany and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Germany.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Germany.
- Research the weather conditions in Germany and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Germany.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Germany.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Germany.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Germany.
Germany travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Vienna to Berlin, with prices starting at 58,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Germany visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Germany Schengen visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.