Greece visa for Hungarian citizens in May 2023
Greece tourist visa
Greece tourist visa for Hungary citizens
Hungarian citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Greece. Greece tourist visa is free for Hungarian citizens. With this touris visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Greece tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Greece tourist visa. You can find Greece visa exemptions.
Greece tourist visa conditions for Hungarian citizens
Greece schengen visa requirements for Hungarian citizens
Documents required for Greece schengen visa from Hungary include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or National ID card of Hungary with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Hungary in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Greece
How to apply for Greece tourist visa from Hungary
Greece visa free process for Hungarian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Hungarian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Greece. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Greece.
Valid passport Check that Hungarian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Greece. If not apply for a new Hungarian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Hungarian citizens can go to Greece immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Greece, present Hungary passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Greece visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Greece for the duration on your stamping.
Greece visa exemption for Hungarian citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Greece schengen visa
- Freedom of movement
- ID card valid
- Make sure Hungary passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Greece.
- Always carry Hungary passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Greece.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Greece, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Greece and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Greece.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Greece.
- Research the weather conditions in Greece and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Greece.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Greece.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Greece.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Greece.
Greece travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Budapest to Athens, with prices starting at 7 301,00 Ft.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Greece
✈️ flight prices
7 301,00 Ft
7 301,00 Ft
Stay in Greece
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Greece
🏥 travel insurance cover
Money in Greece
💳 access money easily
Drive in Greece
🚙 best car rentals
Greece is part of Europe with main city at Athens. Its Developed country with a population of 11M. The main currency is Euro. The languages spoken are Greek.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do hungarian citizens need a visa to go to Greece?
No, visa is not required for Hungarian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Greece visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Greece with Hungary passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.