India e-Tourist Visa
India e-Tourist Visa for Finland citizens
Finland citizens can apply for a visa online when travelling to India. India e-Tourist Visa is available online for Finland citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 60 days and visa expires in 365 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for India e-Tourist Visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying India e-Tourist Visa. You can find India visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to India from Finland?
Yes, India e-Tourist Visa is required for Finland citizens. Finland passport holders can to apply for a tourist visa online.
India visit visa conditions for Finland citizens
- Despite the Indian e-Visa being a double entry visa, it is important to note the Indian Tourist e-Visa can be used a maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
- Applicant: not required
- Max stay: 60 days
- Visa validity: 365 days
- Stay: short term
India tourist visa requirements for Finland citizens
Documents required for India tourist visa from Finland include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for India
Photo must be no older than 6 months
A clear scan copy of passport of country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
How to apply for India e-Tourist Visa from Finland
India online e-visa application process for Finland citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Finland citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an India visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The India government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a India tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Finland passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in India. If not apply for a new Finland passport.
Online application Go to the India tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your India visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for India is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
Thing to consider when applying for India tourist visa
- e-Visa holders must arrive via 26 designated airports or 3 designated seaports.
- An Indian e-Tourist Visa can only be obtained twice in one calendar year.
- Foreigners of Pakistani origin or who hold a Pakistani Passport are not eligible for an e-Visa. Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) were born in, or were permanent residents in Pakistan, are also not eligible for an eVisa.
- Make sure Finland passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to India.
- Always carry Finland passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in India.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for India, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in India and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in India.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in India.
- Research the weather conditions in India and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in India.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in India.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in India.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in India.
India travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Helsinki to New Delhi, with prices starting at 701,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
India visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about India e-Tourist Visa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.