Japan tourist visa 🇯🇵
Last updated: August 1, 2021
Japan tourist visa is free for Austrian citizens. The maximum duration of stay is 3 months. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Japan COVID-19 travel restrictions
Japan is closed for travel. Most visitors from Austria will not be allowed to travel to Japan. You are required to have mandatory quarantine. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Japan.
Get Japan tourist visa from Austria
- The period of stay granted at the time of the landing permission will be "15 days" for Brunei, Indonesia, and Thailand, and "30 days" for United Arab Emirates and "90 days" for other countries and regions.
Max Stay: 3 months
Japan tourist visa requirements for Austrian citizens
3 documents required for Japan tourist visa
Passport: Original Passport or Travel document of Austria with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary: Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Austria in your name, not a ticket)
Proof of Funds: Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Japan
✨ Japan tourist visa tips
- Citizens of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland and the United Kingdom may apply for an extension of stay with the Ministry of Justice for up to 6 months.
- For the United Kingdom, only British citizens and British Nationals (Overseas) are eligible for visa-free entry.
- For nationals of Barbados (since April 1, 2010), Turkey (since April 1, 2011) and Lesotho (since April 1, 2010), visas are not required only for holders of Machine-Readable Passport (MRP) or ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold an MRP or ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For nationals of Malaysia (since July 1, 2013), visas are not required only for holders of ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold such ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For holders of Taiwan passports which includes a personal identification number.
- For citizens of Hong Kong, visas are not required only for holders of Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport issued by the Hong Kong SAR of the People’s Republic of China or British National Overseas (BNO) passports who have the right of residence in Hong Kong.
- For citizens of Macao, visas are not required only for holders of SAR passport issued by the Macao SAR of the People’s Republic of China.
- Extendable once.
🎒 Japan travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Japan visa advice
Do austrian citizens need a visa to go to Japan?
No, visa is not required for Austrian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Japan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Austrian citizens don't need a visa for travelling to Japan.
The stay is usually short with a period of 3 months
The visa is valid for a period of 90 days
Visa AdviceInstead of waiting to get answers, you can get visa advice for Austria immediately.
🙋♂️ Ask a question
🙋♂️ Questions by fellow travellers
No one has asked any questions yet. Do you want to be the first one?
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Japan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.