Maldives visa on arrival for Australian citizens to travel in 2023
Maldives visa on arrival
Visa on Arrival
Maldives visa on arrival for Australian citizens
Australian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Maldives. Maldives visa on arrival is available on arrival for Australian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Maldives visa on arrival. A total of 4 documents are required for applying Maldives visa on arrival.
Maldives visit visa conditions, fees and processing time for Australian citizens
- Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities, on arrival to Maldives. This means, no prior visa is required to arrive to Maldives as a Tourist.
- The maximum number of days granted on arrival would be 30 days unless agreed by any bilateral means or Treaty. The thirty days is not for the passenger to claim, but lies at the discretion of the Immigration to grant any number of days less than or equal to 30.
- The period of stay granted is shown on the endorsement given on the passport. Passengers are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 30 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Stay: short term
Maldives tourist visa requirements for Australian citizens
Documents required for Maldives tourist visa from Australia include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 4 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary is travel reservation to and from country in your name, not a ticket. Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave destination, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
How to apply for Maldives visa on arrival from Australia
Maldives visa on arrival process for Australian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 6 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Australian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Maldives. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Maldives.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Maldives tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Australian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Maldives. If not apply for a new Australian passport.
Arrival After arriving, Australian citizens can go to Maldives immigration counter.
Fill application Fill out the immigration form of Maldives.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Maldives, present Australia passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Receive visa You will receive Maldives visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Maldives for the duration on your stamping.
Maldives travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Sydney to Male, with prices starting at $822.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Maldives
✈️ flight prices
Stay in Maldives
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Maldives
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Maldives
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Maldives
💳 access money easily
Maldives tourist visa and travel tips
- Make sure Australia passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Maldives.
- Always carry Australia passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Maldives.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Maldives, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Maldives and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Maldives.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Maldives.
- Research the weather conditions in Maldives and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Maldives.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Maldives.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Maldives.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Maldives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do australian citizens need a visa to go to Maldives?
No, visa is not required for Australian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Maldives visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Maldives with Australia passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.