Malta Digital Nomad Visa: How To Apply, Visa Requirements & Conditions, Documents Checklist And All You Need to Know in 2023
Malta Digital Nomad Visa 🇲🇹
Malta digital nomad visa is also know as Malta Nomad residence permit. Malta digital nomad visa allows a stay of 12 months. Malta Nomad residence permit needs proof of income of €32K per year. An independant business or self employed is a required condition for the Malta Nomad residence permit. Malta offers Nomad residence permit as digital nomad visa. Get Malta Nomad residence permit visa requirements and application.
Malta Nomad residence permit eligibility requirements
- The Nomad Residence Permit enables holders to retain their current employment based in another country whilst legally residing in Malta. The Permit is open to individuals who can work remotely and independent of location, using telecommunications technologies.
- An applicant must reach a monthly income threshold of EUR 2,700 gross of tax.
- Additional eligible family members will have thresholds set in line with Residency Malta Agency Policy.
- Each applicant must also pass a background verification check.
- Submit a valid rental/purchase agreement upon approval of application.
- Max stay: 12 months
- Processing time: 30 working days
- Income required: €32K per year
- Visa fees: 300,00 €
- Own business: needed
- Insurance: required
How to apply for Malta Digital Nomad Visa
Travelling to Malta as a digital nomad requires you to apply for a visa. Malta digital nomad visa process requires you to follow a total of 8 steps.
Step 1 Gather all the necessary documents required for a Malta digital nomad visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Step 2 Check that passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Malta. If not apply for a new passport.
Step 3 Scan all documents and print a copy of them before hand. All documents that are not in the English language, must be translated and notarized.
Step 4 Fill the application form for Malta.
Step 5 After filling, providing the required documents and make the payment and submit visa application for Malta digital nomad visa
Step 6 Wait for approval. Applicant(s) will be informed by email of successful application(s) for Malta digital nomad visa.
Step 7 Upon arrival in Malta, present passport to the immigration officer at the counter.
Step 8 You will receive Malta visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Malta for the duration on your stamping.
Malta Nomad residence permit processing fee
- The application fee is €300 for main applicant and €300 for each dependant on the application.
- Fees are not refundable and exclude visa related fees.
Malta Digital Nomad Visa requirements
Documents required for Malta digital nomad visa process include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 6 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Proof of Business or Employment
Proof of Income
Completed online application form for Malta
A clear scan copy of passport of country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Proof of employment, including self-employment outside destination, such as • Freelancer: Freelancing Contracts • Full-Time Employee: Letter of Confirmation from the Organization • Entrepreneur: Company Ownership or Partnership Statement
International health insurance specifically covering the territory of destination and indicating the validity of good coverage. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency. Global health insurance for remote workers and nomads.A fully-equipped health insurance made for remote workers and nomads who spend as much time abroad as they please. Full coverage in your home country, and no exclusions for pandemics.
Proof of income by the applicant.
Accomodation reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Malta Nomad residence permit eligibility requirements
- Must be from a third country national.
- Applicants who intend to spend up to 180 days in Malta will be issued with a National Visa while those who intend to spend up to 365 days or more will be issued with a Residence Permit.
- A Nomad Residence Permit holder may apply for renewal of the permit not later than one month prior to the expiry of the existing permit against a fee of EUR 300 per applicant.
Malta visa advice
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Malta visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Malta travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Malta
✈️ best flight deals
Stay in Malta
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Malta
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Malta
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Malta
💳 access money easily
Travel information of Malta
Malta is part of Europe with main city at Valletta. Its Developed country with a population of 425K. The main currency is Euro. The languages spoken are Maltese and English.
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.