Malta Nomad residence permit 🇲🇹
Want to work and stay in Malta? Get Malta Nomad residence permit visa requirements and application. You need to show a proof of income of $32400 per year. You also should own an independant business or be self employed.With Nomad residence permit visa, you can stay for 12 months. Malta offers digital nomad visa and people can use this to work and stay in Malta.
Malta Nomad residence permit details
- The Nomad Residence Permit enables holders to retain their current employment based in another country whilst legally residing in Malta. The Permit is open to individuals who can work remotely and independent of location, using telecommunications technologies.
- An applicant must reach a monthly income threshold of EUR 2,700 gross of tax.
- Additional eligible family members will have thresholds set in line with Residency Malta Agency Policy.
- Each applicant must also pass a background verification check.
- Submit a valid rental/purchase agreement upon approval of application.
todayMax Stay 12 months
account_balance_walletIncome $32K per year
paymentVisa Fees $300
How to apply for Malta Nomad residence permit
Step to get Malta Digital Nomad Visa
Check documents checklist and scan them before hand.
Submit application via email together with supporting documentation and receive instructions for payment of €300 administrative fee for each applicant. Applications should be sent to Residency Malta Agency via email on email@example.com .
The Agency and other Maltese Authorities conduct background checks and will notify you by email when the process is complete.
If granted, you will be invited to proceed to Malta, following the instructions given on the approval letter to conclude your application. Pick Up Nomad Residence Permit/National Visa.
Malta Nomad residence permit fee details
- The application fee is €300 for main applicant and €300 for each dependant on the application.
- Fees are not refundable and exclude visa related fees.
Malta Digital Nomad Visa requirements
6 documents required for Malta Nomad residence permit
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Malta
A clear scan copy of passport of home country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Proof of Business or Employment
Proof of employment, including self-employment outside Malta, such as • Freelancer: Freelancing Contracts • Full-Time Employee: Letter of Confirmation from the Organization • Entrepreneur: Company Ownership or Partnership Statement To be eligible, an applicant must prove that he/she can work remotely and independent of location, using telecommunications technologies.
International health insurance specifically covering the territory of Malta and indicating the validity of good coverage. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency. Health insurance covering risks in Malta. Global health insurance for remote workers and nomads.A fully-equipped health insurance made for remote workers and nomads who spend as much time abroad as they please. Full coverage in your home country, and no exclusions for pandemics.
Proof of Funds
Proof of funds by the applicant. An applicant must reach a monthly income threshold of EUR 2,700 gross of tax.
Hotel reservation(s) in Malta for the duration of your visit. A valid rental/purchase agreement upon approval of application. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Malta Nomad residence permit conditions
- Must be from a third country national.
- Applicants who intend to spend up to 180 days in Malta will be issued with a National Visa while those who intend to spend up to 365 days or more will be issued with a Residence Permit.
- A Nomad Residence Permit holder may apply for renewal of the permit not later than one month prior to the expiry of the existing permit against a fee of EUR 300 per applicant.
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Malta visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.