Romania visa for Slovak citizens in 2023
Romania tourist visa
Romania tourist visa for Slovak citizens
Slovak citizens do not need a visa when travelling to Romania. Romania tourist visa is free for Slovak citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Romania tourist visa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Romania tourist visa. You can find Romania visa exemptions.
Romania tourist visa conditions, fees and processing time for Slovak citizens
- Romania is a member of EU but not yet part of Schengen Area.
- Romania also accept Schengen visas along with visas issues by Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus for stays of up to 90 days in a 180-day period. However, as of November 2019, visas issued by Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus or Romania are not valid for travel to the Schengen Area.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Romania tourist visa requirements for Slovak citizens
Documents required for Romania tourist visa from Slovakia include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Slovakia with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Slovakia in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Romania
How to apply for Romania tourist visa from Slovakia
Romania visa free process for Slovak cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Slovak citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Romania. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Romania.
Valid passport Check that Slovak passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Romania. If not apply for a new Slovak passport.
Arrival After arriving, Slovak citizens can go to Romania immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Romania, present Slovakia passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Romania visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Romania for the duration on your stamping.
Romania travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Bratislava to Bucharest, with prices starting at 53,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Romania
✈️ flight prices
Stay in Romania
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Romania
🏥 global travel cover
Internet in Romania
🌐 best eSIM plans
Money in Romania
💳 access money easily
Romania tourist visa visa exemption for Slovak citizens
Romania visa exemption 🇷🇴
- The existing Schengen visa must allow at least two entries and the entries/length of stay has not been exhausted
- Applicable Countries: All Countries
Max Stay: 90 days
Romania tourist visa and travel tips
- Freedom of movement
- ID card valid
- Make sure Slovakia passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Romania.
- Always carry Slovakia passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Romania.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Romania, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Romania and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Romania.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Romania.
- Research the weather conditions in Romania and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Romania.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Romania.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Romania.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Romania.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do slovak citizens need a visa to go to Romania?
No, visa is not required for Slovak citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Romania visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Romania with Slovakia passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.