San Marino schengen visa 🇸🇲
Last updated: August 1, 2021
San Marino schengen visa is required for South African citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for San Marino schengen visa. A total of 10 documents are required for applying San Marino schengen visa. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Get San Marino schengen visa from South Africa
- San Marino is not a member of the European Union or European Economic Area. However, it maintains an open border with Italy. Since San Marino is only accessible via Italy entrance is not possible without entering the Schengen Area first and therefore Schengen visa rules apply de facto.
- You must submit a passport or other travel document issued within the last 10 years. This must have at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least another 3 months after the date you intend to leave the Schengen area.
- Each person travelling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form.
- When you submit your application your fingerprints will be taken. These will remain valid for 5 years. Some applicants, such as children under the age of 12, do not need to have their fingerprints taken.
- You will be charged a fee for your application. If you apply through an external service provider you will also have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
San Marino schengen visa requirements for South African citizens
Visa Application Form: Completed application form for San Marino
Passport Photo: Photo must be no older than 6 months
Bank Statement: A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from South Africa. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Original bank statements for the last 3 months showing sufficient funds to cover stay in the Schengen Area.
Travel Insurance: Proof of travel insurance for San Marino with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits.
A minimum cover of EUR 30,000 . The travel insurance must cover the cost of repatriation for medical reasons and the Certificate of Currency must be issued by an insurance company operating in Australia or within the EU. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits.