Switzerland schengen visa
Switzerland schengen visa for Zimbabwean citizens
Zimbabwean citizens are required to have a visa when travelling to Switzerland. Switzerland schengen visa is required for Zimbabwean citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Switzerland schengen visa. A total of 10 documents are required for applying Switzerland schengen visa.
The Schengen Visa is a visa for the Schengen Area, which consists of most of the European Economic Area, plus several other adjacent countries. The visa allows visitors to stay in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. The visa is valid for tourism, family visits, and business. European Travel Information and Authorisation System or ETIAS is an electronic authorisation system of the European Union for visa-exempt visitors travelling to the European Union or the Schengen Area which is expected to enter into operation at the end of 2022.
Switzerland schengen visa conditions for Zimbabwean citizens
- You must submit a passport or other travel document issued within the last 10 years. This must have at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least another 3 months after the date you intend to leave the Schengen area.
- Each person travelling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form.
- When you submit your application your fingerprints will be taken. These will remain valid for 5 years. Some applicants, such as children under the age of 12, do not need to have their fingerprints taken.
- You will be charged a fee for your application. If you apply through an external service provider you will also have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
paymentVisa Fees 60,00 €
How to apply for Switzerland schengen visa from Zimbabwe
Zimbabwean citizens need to get tourist visa to visit Switzerland. Switzerland schengen visa process requires you to follow a total of 8 steps.
- Step 1 : Gather all the necessary documents required for a Switzerland tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
- Step 2 : Check that Zimbabwean passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Switzerland. If not apply for a new Zimbabwean passport.
- Step 3 : Fill the application form for Switzerland.
- Step 4 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Switzerland
- Step 5 : Once visa application for Switzerland is approved, you will receive a visa sticker in your passport and will be notified by e-mail.
- Step 6 : Pickup your passport from Switzerland embassy
- Step 7 : Upon arrival in Switzerland, present Zimbabwe passport to the immigration officer at the counter.
- Step 8 : You will receive Switzerland visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Switzerland for the duration on your stamping.
Switzerland schengen visa requirements for Zimbabwean citizens
Documents required for Switzerland schengen visa from Zimbabwe include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 10 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Switzerland
Photo must be no older than 6 months
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from country. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Proof of travel insurance for destination with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world with Coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Provide a previous passport of country if any.
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Hotel reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Switzerland
🎒 Switzerland travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Switzerland visa advice
Do zimbabwean citizens need a visa to go to Switzerland?
Yes, visa is required for Zimbabwean citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Switzerland visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Switzerland travel restrictions
Switzerland is open for travel. Most visitors from Zimbabwe can travel to Switzerland without restrictions. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Switzerland.
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.