Syria tourist visa 🇸🇾
Last updated: August 1, 2021
Syria tourist visa is required for Norwegian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Syria tourist visa. A total of 6 documents are required for applying Syria tourist visa. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Get Syria tourist visa from Norway
- The no. of tourists visiting Syria has drastically dropped because of the condition of the country with respect to terror activities.
- However, tourist visa is still issued to travellers visiting for personal purposes such as exploring the country or meeting their family there. Any personal purpose comes under this category.
- The first thing you need to know is that travel agencies don’t issue tourist visas for Syria but a security clearance (a background check), which you need to show at the customs. Actually, you don’t even need to show it because you will appear in their database.
- Once you have your security clearance, you can buy your visa at the border.
- You will also have to pay an exit fee of 2,500SYP, which is around 5USD.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
Syria tourist visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
Visa Application Form: Completed application form for Syria
Passport Photo: Photo must be no older than 6 months
Passport: Original Passport or Travel document of Norway with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Passport Copy: A clear scan copy of passport of Norway with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Cover Letter: Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, visit and company.
Invitation Letter: A letter from your relative or friend or company inviting you to visit and their relationship to you. The letter could state: the purpose of your visit and length of stay, if you will be staying with them, If this person will be paying for your stay, provide proof of their funds.
Invitation in from Syrian in Arabic language only. The letter should be attested by chambers of commerce in Syria which should be faxed/courier to the Embassy by Syrian Company. A Copy of letter should also be attached in Application. If Travelling for the First Time than - The invitee is required to arrange a guarantee letter stating that the passenger is a genuine traveler. The guarantee letter should also have invitee's contact number and email id.