Taiwan visa on arrival
Visa on Arrival
Taiwan visa on arrival from China
Taiwan visa on arrival is available on arrival for Chinese citizens. The stay is usually short . Applicant is required to be present when applying for Taiwan visa on arrival. A total of 7 documents are required for applying Taiwan visa on arrival. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Taiwan visa on arrival conditions for Chinese citizens
- Eligible passport holders are required to complete an application form, submit two photos, a confirmed return air ticket or onward air ticket, and a visa or entry permit for the next destination when applying for a Landing Visa.
- Passengers entering the Republic of China through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport may apply for a landing visa at the Visa Office of Consular Affairs Bureau at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
- Passengers who enter the Republic of China through the Taipei SongShan Airport, the TaichungAirport and the Kaohsiung International Airport shall apply for "temporary entry permit" at Border Affairs Corps of National Immigration Agency.The holder of this permit should apply for a visa as soon as possible at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or at any of the branch offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taichung, Chiayi, Kaohsiung or Hualian. The holder will need to submit his/her passport, temporary entry permit when applying for the visa.
- In the event of a long national holiday, the holder may apply for a visa at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TIA) Visa Office, Bureau of Consular Affairs. The holder is not allowed to depart from the airports until he/she has applied for a visa.
How to apply Taiwan visa on arrival from China
Step 1 : Chinese citizens can got to Taiwan and get a visa on arrival.
Step 2 : After arriving, Chinese citizens can go to Taiwan immigration counter.
Step 3 : Fill out the immigration form of Taiwan.
Step 4 : Submit the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Step 5 : Based on your document you will be granted a visa for Taiwan.
Step 6 : Once you get entry stamp, you can enter Taiwan and stay for the duration on your visa.
Taiwan tourist visa requirements for Chinese citizens
7 documents required for Taiwan tourist visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Taiwan
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to Taiwan. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to Taiwan. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
Original Passport or Travel document of China with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Hotel reservation(s) in Taiwan for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Taiwan. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Taiwan COVID-19 travel restrictions
Taiwan has major restrictions for travel. Most visitors from China will not be allowed to travel to Taiwan. You are required to have mandatory quarantine. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Taiwan.
✨ Taiwan tourist visa tips
- Port of entry are Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei SongShan Airport, Taichung Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport.
- Exit and Entry Permit for Taiwan requiredIf the traveller is departing from the mainland cities of Chongqing, Kunming or Nanchang, permit is not required when transiting through sterile area of a Taiwanese airport on the same calendar day.
🎒 Taiwan travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Taiwan visa advice
Do chinese citizens need a visa to go to Taiwan?
No, visa is not required for Chinese citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Taiwan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.