Vatican City Visa free
Vatican City Visa free for Ireland citizens
Irish citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Vatican City. Vatican City Visa free is free for Irish citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Vatican City Visa free. A total of 4 documents are required for applying Vatican City Visa free. You can find Vatican City visa exemptions.
European Travel Information and Authorisation System or ETIAS is an electronic authorisation system of the European Union for visa-exempt visitors travelling to the European Union or the Schengen Area which is expected to enter into operation at in 2024.
Do you need a visa to go to Vatican City from Ireland?
No, Vatican City visa is not required for Irish citizens. Irish passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Vatican City visit visa conditions for Irish citizens
- The Vatican City has an open border with Italy and is considered part of the Schengen Area.
- Entry into the Vatican City requires first entering the Schengen Area, so the Schengen visa regulations apply.
- To apply for an Italian visa, your passport or travel document should be issued within the last 10 years, contain at least two blank pages, and be valid for at least three months after the intended departure date from the Schengen Area.
- Each person traveling with you must complete their own visa form.
- Your fingerprints will be taken when you submit your visa application, and they will remain valid for five years.
- Children under the age of 12 may be exempt from fingerprinting.
- There is a fee charged for the visa application.
- If you use an external service provider to apply for your visa, you may be charged an additional fee.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Vatican City schengen visa requirements for Irish citizens
Documents required for Vatican City schengen visa from Ireland include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 4 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Proof of travel insurance for destination with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave destination, such as • personal bank statements • Pay slips from employer • Tax records
How to apply for Vatican City Visa free from Ireland
Vatican City visa free process for Irish cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Irish citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Vatican City. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Vatican City.
Valid passport Check that Irish passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Vatican City. If not apply for a new Irish passport.
Arrival After arriving, Irish citizens can go to Vatican City immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Vatican City, present Ireland passport or National ID card to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Vatican City visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Vatican City for the 90 days on your stamping.
Vatican City visa exemption for Irish citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Vatican City schengen visa
- There are no passport controls to enter Vatican City. If you can enter Italy, you can enter the Vatican.
- Make sure Ireland passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Vatican City.
- Always carry Ireland passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Vatican City.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Vatican City, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Vatican City and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Vatican City.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Vatican City.
- Research the weather conditions in Vatican City and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Vatican City.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Vatican City.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Vatican City.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Vatican City.
Vatican City travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Dublin to Vatican City, with prices starting at 40,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Vatican City visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Vatican City Visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.