Albania Visa free
Albania Visa free for Malta citizens
Maltese citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Albania. Albania Visa free is free for Maltese citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 180 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Albania Visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Albania Visa free. You can find Albania visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Albania from Malta?
No, Albania visa is not required for Maltese citizens. Maltese passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Albania visit visa conditions for Maltese citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 90 days
- Visa validity: 180 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Albania tourist visa requirements for Maltese citizens
Documents required for Albania tourist visa from Malta include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Malta with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Malta in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Albania
How to apply for Albania Visa free from Malta
Albania visa free process for Maltese cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Maltese citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Albania. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Albania.
Valid passport Check that Maltese passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Albania. If not apply for a new Maltese passport.
Arrival After arriving, Maltese citizens can go to Albania immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Albania, present Malta passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Albania visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Albania for the 90 days on your stamping.
Albania visa exemption for Maltese citizens
Thing to consider when applying for Albania tourist visa
- Citizens of following countries can enter Albania without visa: Foreign citizens who have a valid, multiple-entry Schengen visa, which has been previously used in one of the Schengen states, or foreign citizens who have a valid permit of stay in one of the Schengen states;
- Foreign citizens who have a valid, multiple-entry US or UK visa, which has been previously used in the respective country of issuance, or have valid permit of stay in the US or UK.
- Foreign citizens from Saudi Arabia,Belarus, Qatar, Oman, Russia, Thailand and Bahrain, can enter in Albania without visa,for short term stay, with the passport document, from 1 April 2019 until 31 October 2019.
- Foreign citizens from The Republic of China can enter in Albania without visa, for short term stay, with the passport document, from 1 March 2019 until 31 October 2019.
- ID card valid
- Make sure Malta passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Albania.
- Always carry Malta passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Albania.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Albania, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Albania and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Albania.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Albania.
- Research the weather conditions in Albania and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Albania.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Albania.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Albania.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Albania.
Albania travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Birkirkara to Tirana, with prices starting at 24,00 €.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Albania visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Albania Visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.