Austria schengen visa
Austria schengen visa from Jordan
Austria schengen visa is required for Jordanian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Austria schengen visa. A total of 10 documents are required for applying Austria schengen visa. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
The Schengen Visa is a visa for the Schengen Area, which consists of most of the European Economic Area, plus several other adjacent countries. The visa allows visitors to stay in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. The visa is valid for tourism, family visits, and business. European Travel Information and Authorisation System or ETIAS is an electronic authorisation system of the European Union for visa-exempt visitors travelling to the European Union or the Schengen Area which is expected to enter into operation at the end of 2022.
Austria schengen visa conditions for Jordanian citizens
- You must submit a passport or other travel document issued within the last 10 years. This must have at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least another 3 months after the date you intend to leave the Schengen area.
- Each person travelling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form.
- When you submit your application your fingerprints will be taken. These will remain valid for 5 years. Some applicants, such as children under the age of 12, do not need to have their fingerprints taken.
- You will be charged a fee for your application. If you apply through an external service provider you will also have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
Max Stay: 90 days
Visa Validity: 90 days
How to apply for Austria schengen visa from Jordan
Step 1 : Jordanian citizens need to get a visa for Austria by going to the nearest embassy.
Step 2 : Fill the application form for Austria.
Step 3 : After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Austria
Step 4 : Once the visa application for Austria is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
Step 5 : Pickup your passport from Austria embassy
Step 6 : You can now travel to Austria and stay for the duration on your visa.
Austria schengen visa requirements for Jordanian citizens
10 documents required for Austria schengen visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Austria
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Jordan with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Employed: • A letter from your employer on company letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) • Original pay slips Self Employed: • Include a copy of your business license • Company bank statement of the latest 6 months • Income Tax Return (ITR) Student: • Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. • No Object certificate from School or University. Retired: • Submit proof of your retirement fund. Yes.
Hotel reservation(s) in Austria for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from Jordan. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials. Original bank statements for the last 3 months showing sufficient funds to cover stay in the Schengen Area.
Proof of travel insurance for Austria with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. A minimum cover of EUR 30,000 . The travel insurance must cover the cost of repatriation for medical reasons and the Certificate of Currency must be issued by an insurance company operating in Australia or within the EU. You can also provide a letter from the bank confirming that you have an insurance with them along with a copy of credit card and the table of benefits. Travel medical insurance for everyone from all over the world with Coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage. Get coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response & natural disasters, personal liability. Get ready for for unexpected medical problems and accidents.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Austria. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Provide a previous passport of Jordan if any.
Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
Amman to Vienna
✈️ flight prices next week
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Austria
Save 88% internationally
💳 No ATM fees in Austria
Austria COVID-19 travel restrictions
Austria has moderate restrictions for travel. Most visitors from Jordan need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Austria. You are required to have mandatory quarantine. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Austria.
✨ Austria schengen visa tips
- Passengers entering Austria on a one-way ticket without sufficient funds to purchase a return/onward ticket could be refused entry.
- Valid visas in travel documents that are full and invalidated are accepted when accompanied by a new travel document.
- Visitors with a family member residence card issued by Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania or the United Kingdom to family members of a national of Switzerland or an EEA Member State are visa exempt for a maximum allowed stay of 90 days within a 180-day period. This does not apply to visitors with a different type of residence permit.
- Visitors with a residence permit issued by Monaco or a Schengen Member State are visa exempt for a maximum allowed stay of 90 days within a 180-day period (residence permits issued by Malta must be biometric).
- Visitors' means of subsistence during their stay are assessed on a case-by-case basis and may be refused entry if inadequate.
🎒 Austria travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Austria visa advice
Do jordanian citizens need a visa to go to Austria?
Yes, visa is required for Jordanian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Austria visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.