Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for South Korean citizens in June 2023
Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for South Korea citizens
South Korean citizens can apply for electronic travel authorization online when travelling to Canada. Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is available online for South Korean citizens. With this tourist visa stay is usually short with a period of 6 months and visa expires in 180 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). A total of 4 documents are required for applying Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You can find Canada visa exemptions.
Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) conditions for South Korean citizens
- An eTA is mandatory for all visa-exempt nationals (except for U.S. citizens and nationals) and U.S. permanent residents who are not otherwise visa-exempt when arriving by air regardless of purpose of entry or whether they have a valid study or work permit. However, an eTA is not necessary for overland entry via one of the land border crossings with the U.S. or entry by sea. With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). You do not need an eTA for travel within Canada.
- An eTA doesn’t guarantee entry to Canada. When you arrive, a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents – for example, a U.S. Green Card. You must convince the officer that you are eligible for entry into Canada.
- Applicant: not required
- Max stay: 6 months
- Visa validity: 180 days
- Visa fees: $7
- Stay: short term
Canada tourist visa requirements for South Korean citizens
Documents required for Canada tourist visa from South Korea include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 4 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Canada
Original Passport or Travel document of South Korea with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for Canada An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Hotel reservation(s) in Canada for the duration of your visit. Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
How to apply for Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) from South Korea
Canada online e-visa application process for South Korean citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, South Korean citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Canada visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Canada government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Canada tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that South Korean passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Canada. If not apply for a new South Korean passport.
Online application Go to the Canada tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your Canada visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for Canada is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
Thing to consider when applying for Canada tourist visa
- On arrival from land or overseas
- ETA required if arriving by air.
- Make sure South Korea passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Canada.
- Always carry South Korea passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Canada.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Canada, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Canada and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Canada.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Canada.
- Research the weather conditions in Canada and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Canada.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Canada.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Canada.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Canada.
Canada travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Seoul to Toronto, with prices starting at ₩1,320,197.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Canada
✈️ flight prices
Stay in Canada
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Canada
🏥 travel insurance cover
Money in Canada
💳 access money easily
Drive in Canada
🚙 best car rentals
Canada is part of North America with main city at Ottawa. Its Developed country with a population of 36M. The main currency is Canadian Dollar. The languages spoken are English and French.
Do south korean citizens need a visa for Canada?
Yes, visa is required for South Korean citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Canada visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
South Korea tourist visa advice
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for South Korea visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Countries to travel near Canada with South Korea passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.