Colombia Visa free
Colombia Visa free for Uruguay citizens
Uruguayan citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Colombia. Colombia Visa free is free for Uruguayan citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 180 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Colombia Visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Colombia Visa free.
Do you need a visa to go to Colombia from Uruguay?
No, Colombia visa is not required for Uruguayan citizens. Uruguayan passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Colombia visit visa conditions for Uruguayan citizens
- Country citizens do not require visa to enter Colombia for a maximum stay of 90 days and the maximum stay is granted within one year.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 180 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Colombia tourist visa requirements for Uruguayan citizens
Documents required for Colombia tourist visa from Uruguay include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of Uruguay with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Uruguay in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Colombia
How to apply for Colombia Visa free from Uruguay
Colombia visa free process for Uruguayan cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Uruguayan citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Colombia. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Colombia.
Valid passport Check that Uruguayan passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Colombia. If not apply for a new Uruguayan passport.
Arrival After arriving, Uruguayan citizens can go to Colombia immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Colombia, present Uruguay passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Colombia visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Colombia for the 180 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Colombia tourist visa
- 90 days - extendable up to 180-days stay within a one-year period
- Entry is allowed with a valid Uruguayan identity card that is less than 10 years old.
- Uruguayans can live and work legally in Colombia under the Mercosur (and Associated Members) immigration agreement with no requirement other than being a citizen at birth or a naturalized citizen for over 5 years, and passing a background check.
- Make sure Uruguay passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Colombia.
- Always carry Uruguay passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Colombia.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Colombia, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Colombia and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Colombia.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Colombia.
- Research the weather conditions in Colombia and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Colombia.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Colombia.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Colombia.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Colombia.
Colombia travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Montevideo to Bogotá, with prices starting at $U 12.435,00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Colombia visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Colombia Visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.