Ethiopia tourist e-visa for Aland citizens in May 2023
Ethiopia tourist e-visa
Ethiopia tourist e-visa for Aland Islands citizens
Aland citizens can apply for a visa online when travelling to Ethiopia. Ethiopia tourist e-visa is available online for Aland citizens. With this touris visa stay is usually short with a period of up to 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Ethiopia tourist e-visa. A total of 2 documents are required for applying Ethiopia tourist e-visa. You can find Ethiopia visa exemptions.
Ethiopia tourist e-visa conditions for Aland citizens
- Tourist visa is an electronic single-entry visa issued by the Ethiopian Government for visitors who wish to travel to the country for tourism or other non-business related purposes only.
- Applicant: not required
- Max stay: up to 90 days
- Visa fees: $70
- Stay: short term
Ethiopia tourist visa requirements for Aland citizens
Documents required for Ethiopia tourist visa from Aland Islands include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 2 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Ethiopia
A clear scan copy of passport of country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
How to apply for Ethiopia tourist e-visa from Aland Islands
Ethiopia online e-visa application process for Aland citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Aland citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Ethiopia visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Ethiopia government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Ethiopia tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Aland passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Ethiopia. If not apply for a new Aland passport.
Online application Go to the Ethiopia tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your Ethiopia visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for Ethiopia is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
Thing to consider when applying for Ethiopia tourist visa
- Usually the processing time for tourist visa takes 3 days, so thee travelers should submit their application at least 3 days before their estimated date of arrival in ethiopia.
- Travelers can request for extension before the visa expires by going in person to the Head Office of The Immigration, Nationality and Vital Events Agency (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia).
- Travelers who stay beyond the validity period without extending are subject to fines and legal penalties.
- Nationals of African States who can't make e-Visa payment online can apply online and make the payment on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in cash.
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia not from date of issue.
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable.
- Visa on arrival is obtainable only at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
- eVisa holders must arrive via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
- eVisas are available for 30 or 90 days.
- Make sure Aland Islands passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Ethiopia.
- Always carry Aland Islands passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Ethiopia.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Ethiopia, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Ethiopia and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Ethiopia.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Ethiopia.
- Research the weather conditions in Ethiopia and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Ethiopia.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Ethiopia.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Ethiopia.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Ethiopia.
Ethiopia travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Fly to Ethiopia
✈️ best flight deals
Stay in Ethiopia
🛏️ hottest hotel deals
Insurance in Ethiopia
🏥 travel insurance cover
Money in Ethiopia
💳 access money easily
Drive in Ethiopia
🚙 best car rentals
Ethiopia is part of Africa with main city at Addis Ababa. Its Least Developed country with a population of 92M. The main currency is Ethiopian Birr. The languages spoken are Amharic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do aland citizens need a visa to go to Ethiopia?
Yes, visa is required for Aland citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Ethiopia visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Countries to travel near Ethiopia with Aland Islands passport
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.