Iran Visa on arrival
Iran visa for North Korean citizens
North Korean citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Iran. Iran Visa on arrival is available on arrival for North Korean citizens. With this tourist visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Iran visa on arrival. A total of 4 documents are required for applying Iran visa on arrival. You can find Iran visa exemptions.
Iran tourist visa conditions for North Korean citizens
- Apply for an electronic visa application by clicking on the following
- You must submit a hardcopy of Grant Notice to the Visa-On-Arrival counter at the airport. The notice will be available when your application for Visa on Arrival is approved and you receive the grant email.
- Citizens of foreign countries, who are entitled to obtain visas at border checkpoints, must pay visa fee through banking terminals at airport in euros.
- Visa on arrival is issued in all Iranian airports.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 30 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Stay: short term
Iran tourist visa requirements for North Korean citizens
Documents required for Iran tourist visa from North Korea include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 4 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Iran
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
A round-trip flight reservations(s) for destination. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
A letter from your relative or friend or company inviting you to visit and their relationship to you. The letter could state: the purpose of your visit and length of stay, if you will be staying with them, If this person will be paying for your stay, provide proof of their funds.
How to apply for Iran tourist visa from North Korea
Iran visa on arrival process for North Korean cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 6 steps and carrying the necessary documents, North Korean citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Iran. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Iran.
Gather all the necessary documents required for a Iran tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Check that North Korea passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Iran. If not apply for a new North Korean passport.
After arriving, North Korean citizens can go to Iran immigration counter.
Fill out the immigration form of Iran.
Upon arrival in Iran, present North Korea passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
You will receive Iran visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Iran for the 30 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Iran tourist visa
- Applying through the Iranian Travel Agencies and having Iran Visa reference number before the trip still the safer way.
- Valid Travel Insurance is often asked at the Airports, be sure you have adequate travel insurance for Iran. Here is some useful information about travel insurance for Iran
- You no longer need to apply through the e-visa site at least 2 days in advance to present the submission notice at the visa desk in the airport. Although it does seem to help you get processed faster on arrival. No need to wait for anything from the system, just print the confirmation and fly.
- You can exit Iran through a land border with a visa on arrival.
- Getting 2 visa on arrivals on the same passport is not a problem should you return to Iran at a later date.
- When arriving at the airport, you will be asked to buy a health insurance policy if you cannot produce evidence of already having one (per person 18$ / 14 Euro) at one counter and then on the second counter, the Iranian visa will be issued as soon as the fee is paid.
- You also don’t need a ID picture anymore, but take one just in case.
Iran travel details
Iran is part of Asia with main city at Tehran. Its Developing country with a population of 79M. The main currency is Iranian Rial. The languages spoken are Persian (Farsi). As you prepare for your trip to Iran, it's important to be well-informed about all aspects of your journey. For the latest Travel Details , including flight availability and costs, check out our updated section to help you plan your itinerary efficiently. Understanding Customs Regulations is also crucial to ensure a hassle-free experience at the Iran border. Lastly, your health and safety are paramount, so don't forget to familiarize yourself with the Health Regulations in Iran, including required vaccinations and health advisories. These resources are designed to make your travel experience smooth, safe, and enjoyable.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Iran visa options
While planning your visit to Iran as an North Korea citizen, you might be curious about other visa types and requirements. If you're considering exploring Iran beyond the usual tourist spots, our comprehensive guide on Iran's Tourist Visa offers deeper insights and broader options for travelers of different nationalities. For those transiting through other countries en route to Iran, understanding Transit Visa Requirements is crucial to ensure a smooth journey. Additionally, if you aspire to blend travel with work, our detailed information on Digital Nomad Visa can help you navigate the possibilities of working remotely while soaking in the rich culture and serene landscapes of Iran. You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Iran visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community.
Frequently asked questions about Iran visa on arrival
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.