Japan tourist visa
Japan tourist visa from UAE
Japan tourist visa is free for UAE citizens. The maximum duration of stay is 1 month. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Japan tourist visa conditions for UAE citizens
- The period of stay granted at the time of the landing permission will be "15 days" for Brunei, Indonesia, and Thailand, and "30 days" for United Arab Emirates and "90 days" for other countries and regions.
Max Stay: 1 month
How to apply for Japan tourist visa from UAE
Step 1 : UAE citizens can arrive at Japan without a visa.
Step 2 : After arriving, UAE citizens can go to Japan immigration counter.
Step 3 : Show travel document like Original Passport or Travel document of UAE.
Step 4 : Once you get entry stamp, you can enter Japan and stay for the duration on your stamping.
Japan tourist visa requirements for UAE citizens
5 documents required for Japan tourist visa
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travellers coming to Japan. The negative PCR test must be issued with in 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to Japan. The last dose of vaccine must be taken atleast 14 ays before departure.
Original Passport or Travel document of UAE with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from UAE in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of Funds
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Japan
Dubai to Tokyo
✈️ flight prices next week
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Japan
Save 88% internationally
💳 No ATM fees in Japan
Japan COVID-19 travel restrictions
Japan is open for travel. Most visitors from UAE can travel to Japan without restrictions. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Japan.
✨ Japan tourist visa tips
- Citizens of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland and the United Kingdom may apply for an extension of stay with the Ministry of Justice for up to 6 months.
- For the United Kingdom, only British citizens and British Nationals (Overseas) are eligible for visa-free entry.
- For nationals of Barbados (since April 1, 2010), Turkey (since April 1, 2011) and Lesotho (since April 1, 2010), visas are not required only for holders of Machine-Readable Passport (MRP) or ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold an MRP or ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For nationals of Malaysia (since July 1, 2013), visas are not required only for holders of ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold such ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
- For holders of Taiwan passports which includes a personal identification number.
- For citizens of Hong Kong, visas are not required only for holders of Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport issued by the Hong Kong SAR of the People’s Republic of China or British National Overseas (BNO) passports who have the right of residence in Hong Kong.
- For citizens of Macao, visas are not required only for holders of SAR passport issued by the Macao SAR of the People’s Republic of China.
- Only if passport is endorsed with a Visa Waiver Registration Certificate from the Japanese Embassy/Consulate.
🎒 Japan travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Japan visa advice
Do uae citizens need a visa to go to Japan?
No, visa is not required for UAE citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Japan visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.