Laos visa on arrival
Visa on Arrival
Laos visa on arrival from Italy
Laos visa on arrival is available on arrival for Italian citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 1 month and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Laos visa on arrival. A total of 2 documents are required for applying Laos visa on arrival. You can also find useful tips from fellow travellers.
Laos visa on arrival conditions for Italian citizens
- On arrival, the traveler should head to the window marked “On Arrival”. The immigration window is only for people who already have the visa.
- If the traveler hasn’t already filled the application, it is advised to complete the visa on arrival form by the window. Once completed, the traveler should submit the form and the two photographs to the immigration official at the “on arrival” window.
- To finalize the process, the traveler is expected to pay the visa fee in cash. It is possible to pay for this fee in american dollars.
- After providing all the documentation, travelers are asked to wait. The name of the traveler will be called when their application has been reviewed.
Max Stay: 1 month
Visa Validity: 30 days
How to apply for Laos visa on arrival from Italy
Step 1 : Italian citizens can got to Laos and get a visa on arrival.
Step 2 : After arriving, Italian citizens can go to Laos immigration counter.
Step 3 : Fill out the immigration form of Laos.
Step 4 : Submit the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
Step 5 : Based on your document you will be granted a visa for Laos.
Step 6 : Once you get entry stamp, you can enter Laos and stay for the duration on your visa.
Laos tourist visa requirements for Italian citizens
2 documents required for Laos tourist visa
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Laos
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Rome to Vientiane
✈️ flight prices next week
1 010,00 €
1 010,00 €
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Laos
Save 88% internationally
💳 No ATM fees in Laos
Laos COVID-19 travel restrictions
Laos is open for travel. Most visitors from Italy can travel to Laos without restrictions. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Laos.
✨ Laos tourist visa tips
- There are 22 ports of entry where foreign visitors from eligible countries will be able to obtain a visa on arrival to enter Laos.
- These are the main border checkpoints in Laoslike International airports: Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital, Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province, Pakse International Airport in Champasak Province, Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
- These are the land border checkpoints where it is possible to get a visa on arrival for Laos:
- Through Thailand-Laos: Chiang Khong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province,Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province, Houi Koln – Nam Ngeun, Nan to Sayabouly Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhai-Vientiane Capital, Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province, Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province.
- Through Cambodia-Laos: Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasack Province.
- Through Vietnam-Laos: Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province, Namkan – Namkan, Nge An to Xieng Khouang Province, Keoneua – Nampao (Lak Sao), Ha tinh to Bolikhamxay Province, Laobao – Dansavanh, Quang tri to Savannakhet Province.
- Through China-Laos: Mohan – Botene, Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
- Visa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges, 13 border crossings, and Tanalaeng train station in Vientiane. Visa on arrival facilities will be gradually phased out starting in January 2020.
- eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
- The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
- Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
🎒 Laos travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Laos visa advice
Do italian citizens need a visa to go to Laos?
No, visa is not required for Italian citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Laos visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.