Laos visa on arrival
Visa on Arrival
Laos visa on arrival for Mexican citizens
Mexican citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Laos. Laos visa on arrival is available on arrival for Mexican citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Laos visa on arrival. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Laos visa on arrival.
Laos visa on arrival conditions for Mexican citizens
- On arrival, the traveler should head to the window marked “On Arrival”. The immigration window is only for people who already have the visa.
- If the traveler hasn’t already filled the application, it is advised to complete the visa on arrival form by the window. Once completed, the traveler should submit the form and the two photographs to the immigration official at the “on arrival” window.
- To finalize the process, the traveler is expected to pay the visa fee in cash. It is possible to pay for this fee in american dollars.
- After providing all the documentation, travelers are asked to wait. The name of the traveler will be called when their application has been reviewed.
Max Stay: 30 days
Visa Validity: 30 days
How to apply for Laos visa on arrival from Mexico
Mexican citizens need to get visa on arrival to visit Laos. Laos visa on arrival process requires you to follow a total of 6 steps.
- Step 1 : Gather all the necessary documents required for a Laos tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
- Step 2 : Check that Mexican passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Laos. If not apply for a new Mexican passport.
- Step 3 : After arriving, Mexican citizens can go to Laos immigration counter.
- Step 4 : Fill out the immigration form of Laos.
- Step 5 : Upon arrival in Laos, present Mexico passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
- Step 6 : You will receive Laos visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Laos for the duration on your stamping.
Laos tourist visa requirements for Mexican citizens
Documents required for Laos tourist visa from Mexico include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed application form for Laos
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Mexico with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Mexico in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of Funds
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Laos
Mexico City to Vientiane
✈️ flight prices next week
Travel Medical Insurance
🏥 for Laos
✨ Laos tourist visa tips
- There are 22 ports of entry where foreign visitors from eligible countries will be able to obtain a visa on arrival to enter Laos.
- These are the main border checkpoints in Laoslike International airports: Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital, Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province, Pakse International Airport in Champasak Province, Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
- These are the land border checkpoints where it is possible to get a visa on arrival for Laos:
- Through Thailand-Laos: Chiang Khong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province,Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province, Houi Koln – Nam Ngeun, Nan to Sayabouly Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhai-Vientiane Capital, Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province, Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province.
- Through Cambodia-Laos: Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasack Province.
- Through Vietnam-Laos: Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province, Namkan – Namkan, Nge An to Xieng Khouang Province, Keoneua – Nampao (Lak Sao), Ha tinh to Bolikhamxay Province, Laobao – Dansavanh, Quang tri to Savannakhet Province.
- Through China-Laos: Mohan – Botene, Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
- Visa on arrival is available at Luangphabang, Pakse, Savannakhet and Vientiane international airports, the 4 Thai-Lao Friendship Bridges, 13 border crossings, and Tanalaeng train station in Vientiane. Visa on arrival facilities will be gradually phased out starting in January 2020.
- eVisa may be used to enter Laos through Wattay International Airport and the First Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge.
- The Lalai, Lantui, Meuang mom, Pakxan, and Phoudou border crossings are open only to visa holders.
- Visa on arrival is extendable up to 60 days.
🎒 Laos travel tips by fellow travellers
No one has added any tips. Do you want to help?
Laos visa advice
Do mexican citizens need a visa to go to Laos?
No, visa is not required for Mexican citizens. You can get visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Laos visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Frequently Asked Questions
Laos travel restrictions
Laos is open for travel. Most visitors from Mexico can travel to Laos without restrictions. No quarantine is required. Find travel restrictions, quarantine and entry requirements to travel Laos.
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.