Laos Visa on arrival
Laos visa for Norwegian citizens
Norwegian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival when travelling to Laos. Laos Visa on arrival is available on arrival for Norwegian citizens. With this tourist visa stay is usually short with a period of 30 days and visa expires in 30 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Laos visa on arrival. A total of 5 documents are required for applying Laos visa on arrival. You can find Laos visa exemptions.
Laos tourist visa conditions for Norwegian citizens
- On arrival, the traveler should head to the window marked “On Arrival”. The immigration window is only for people who already have the visa.
- If the traveler hasn’t already filled the application, it is advised to complete the visa on arrival form by the window. Once completed, the traveler should submit the form and the two photographs to the immigration official at the “on arrival” window.
- To finalize the process, the traveler is expected to pay the visa fee in cash. It is possible to pay for this fee in american dollars.
- After providing all the documentation, travelers are asked to wait. The name of the traveler will be called when their application has been reviewed.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 30 days
- Visa validity: 30 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Stay: short term
Laos tourist visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
Documents required for Laos tourist visa from Norway include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 5 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Proof of Funds
Completed application form for Laos
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of Norway with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from Norway in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Laos
How to apply for Laos tourist visa from Norway
Laos visa on arrival process for Norwegian cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 6 steps and carrying the necessary documents, Norwegian citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Laos. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Laos.
Gather all the necessary documents required for a Laos tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Check that Norway passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Laos. If not apply for a new Norwegian passport.
After arriving, Norwegian citizens can go to Laos immigration counter.
Fill out the immigration form of Laos.
Upon arrival in Laos, present Norway passport, the form and travel document to the immigration officer and pay any visa fee required.
You will receive Laos visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Laos for the 30 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Laos tourist visa
- There are 22 ports of entry where foreign visitors from eligible countries will be able to obtain a visa on arrival to enter Laos.
- These are the main border checkpoints in Laoslike International airports: Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital, Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province, Pakse International Airport in Champasak Province, Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
- These are the land border checkpoints where it is possible to get a visa on arrival for Laos:
- Through Thailand-Laos: Chiang Khong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province,Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province, Houi Koln – Nam Ngeun, Nan to Sayabouly Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhai-Vientiane Capital, Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province, Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province, Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province.
- Through Cambodia-Laos: Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasack Province.
- Through Vietnam-Laos: Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province, Namkan – Namkan, Nge An to Xieng Khouang Province, Keoneua – Nampao (Lak Sao), Ha tinh to Bolikhamxay Province, Laobao – Dansavanh, Quang tri to Savannakhet Province.
- Through China-Laos: Mohan – Botene, Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
Laos travel details
Laos is part of Asia with main city at Vientiane. Its Least Developed country with a population of 6M. The main currency is Lao Kip. The languages spoken are Lao. As you prepare for your trip to Laos, it's important to be well-informed about all aspects of your journey. For the latest Travel Details , including flight availability and costs, check out our updated section to help you plan your itinerary efficiently. Understanding Customs Regulations is also crucial to ensure a hassle-free experience at the Laos border. Lastly, your health and safety are paramount, so don't forget to familiarize yourself with the Health Regulations in Laos, including required vaccinations and health advisories. These resources are designed to make your travel experience smooth, safe, and enjoyable.
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Oslo to Vientiane, with prices starting at kr 5 941,00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Laos visa options
While planning your visit to Laos as an Norway citizen, you might be curious about other visa types and requirements. If you're considering exploring Laos beyond the usual tourist spots, our comprehensive guide on Laos's Tourist Visa offers deeper insights and broader options for travelers of different nationalities. For those transiting through other countries en route to Laos, understanding Transit Visa Requirements is crucial to ensure a smooth journey. Additionally, if you aspire to blend travel with work, our detailed information on Digital Nomad Visa can help you navigate the possibilities of working remotely while soaking in the rich culture and serene landscapes of Laos. You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Laos visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community.
Frequently asked questions about Laos visa on arrival
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.