Myanmar eVisa for India citizens
Indian citizens can apply for a visa online when travelling to Myanmar. Myanmar eVisa is available online for Indian citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 28 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Myanmar eVisa. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Myanmar eVisa. You can find Myanmar visa exemptions.
Do you need a visa to go to Myanmar from India?
Yes, Myanmar eVisa is required for Indian citizens. Indian passport holders can to apply for a tourist visa online.
Myanmar visit visa conditions for Indian citizens
- Applicant is required to enter all the necessary information in the visa form
- After that applicant needs to verify all the information entered is correct before proceeding to the next step. Make the payment with Credit Card. Acknowledgement email with application reference code will be sent to applicant's email.
- Approval process may take up to 3 working days. Applicant will receive eVisa approval letter via email once approved. Print out the approval letter and bring along with passport. You will need to present it upon arrival.
- Upon arrival to Myanmar Immigration checkpoint, present eVisa approval letter and passport to Immigration officer and get the passport stamped.
- Applicant: not required
- Max stay: 28 days
- Visa validity: 90 days
- Stay: short term
Myanmar tourist visa requirements for Indian citizens
Documents required for Myanmar tourist visa from India include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Completed online application form for Myanmar
Photo must be no older than 6 months
A clear scan copy of passport of country with the information pages that has signature. Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates. Must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
How to apply for Myanmar eVisa from India
Myanmar online e-visa application process for Indian citizens is quick and easy, as long as the necessary documents and information are provided accurately. By following these 7 steps, Indian citizens can ensure a smooth and hassle-free process in obtaining an Myanmar visit visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa well in advance of the intended travel date to ensure that there is enough time for processing and to avoid any unexpected issues. The Myanmar government may reject applications for a variety of reasons, including providing inaccurate information, not meeting the requirements, or having a criminal record. In such cases, the applicant will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Myanmar tourist visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that Indian passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Myanmar. If not apply for a new Indian passport.
Online application Go to the Myanmar tourist visa website and complete the online application form and provide personal information and passport details.
Upload documents After filling, Upload scanned copy of the all the supporting documents
Online payment Pay the eVisa fee using a credit or debit card online on the website and wait for your visa application to be processed.
Visa processing After submission your Myanmar visa application, passport and any other documents will be reviewed by immigration officer.
Receive visa If visa application for Myanmar is approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant by e-mail. Print a copy of this email and other document if any.
Thing to consider when applying for Myanmar tourist visa
- eVisa holders must arrive via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airports or via land border crossings with Thailand — Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung or India — Rih Khaw Dar and Tamu.
- eVisa available for both tourism (allowed stay is 28 days) or business (allowed stay is 70 days) purposes.
- Visa on arrival can be issued for tourism at Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay airport and is valid for 30 days (1 year from August 30, 2023)
- Make sure India passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Myanmar.
- Always carry India passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Myanmar.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Myanmar, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Myanmar and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Myanmar.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Myanmar.
- Research the weather conditions in Myanmar and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Myanmar.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Myanmar.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Myanmar.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Myanmar.
Myanmar travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from New Delhi to Yangon, with prices starting at ₹34,630.00.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Myanmar visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Myanmar eVisa
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.