Peru Visa free
Peru Visa free for New Zealand citizens
New Zealand citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Peru. Peru Visa free is free for New Zealand citizens. With this visit visa stay is usually short with a period of 183 days. Applicant is not required to be present when applying for Peru Visa free. A total of 3 documents are required for applying Peru Visa free.
Do you need a visa to go to Peru from New Zealand?
No, Peru visa is not required for New Zealand citizens. New Zealand passport holders do not need to apply for a visa.
Peru visit visa conditions for New Zealand citizens
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 183 days
- Processing time: ~2 hours
- Visa fees: Free
- Stay: short term
Peru tourist visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
Documents required for Peru tourist visa from New Zealand include passport and other supporting documents. A total of 3 documents are required.
Proof of Funds
Original Passport or Travel document of New Zealand with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Travel itinerary (travel reservation to and from New Zealand in your name, not a ticket) Embassy recommends not to purchase hotel and flight tickets until visa is approved. So don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get best hotel and flight itinerary within minutes for any country visa.
Proof of enough money for your stay and to leave Peru
How to apply for Peru Visa free from New Zealand
Peru visa free process for New Zealand cirizens is straightforward and simple. By following these 4 steps and carrying the necessary documents, New Zealand citizens can expect a hassle-free arrival and entry into Peru. It is important to note that the immigration authorities have the right to request additional documentation or information as they see fit. Travelers are advised to have all required documents and information ready for presentation to the immigration officers upon arrival in Peru.
Valid passport Check that New Zealand passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Peru. If not apply for a new New Zealand passport.
Arrival After arriving, New Zealand citizens can go to Peru immigration counter.
Submit documents Upon arrival in Peru, present New Zealand passport or Travel document to the immigration officer at the counter.
Receive visa You will receive Peru visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Peru for the 183 days on your stamping.
Thing to consider when applying for Peru tourist visa
- Make sure New Zealand passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry to Peru.
- Always carry New Zealand passport, visa, and other important travel documents with you while in Peru.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Peru, including any COVID-19 restrictions or quarantine requirements.
- Make sure to have enough funds to support your trip in Peru and show proof of financial capability if requested.
- Purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, accidents, and trip cancellation or interruption in Peru.
- Book accommodations in advance to avoid the hassle of finding a place to stay upon arrival in Peru.
- Research the weather conditions in Peru and pack appropriate clothing and gear for your trip.
- Be aware of scams and tourist traps, especially when dealing with street vendors or taxi drivers in Peru.
- Consider using a prepaid SIM card or eSIM to stay connected during your trip in Peru.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately when visiting temples or religious sites in Peru.
- Be mindful of your health and hygiene, especially when trying street food or visiting crowded areas in Peru.
Peru travel details
Next week, travelers can expect to find affordable flight prices from Auckland to Lima, with prices starting at $1,161.
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Peru visit visa advice
Frequently asked questions about Peru Visa free
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.