Portugal Digital Nomad Visa 🇵🇹
Portugal digital nomad visa is also know as Portugal D7. Portugal digital nomad visa allows a stay of 60 months. Portugal D7 needs proof of income of €7K per year. An independant business or self employed is a required condition for the Portugal D7. Portugal offers D7 as digital nomad visa. Get Portugal D7 visa requirements and application.
Portugal D7 eligibility
- The Portugal Passive Income Visa – also known as a D7 Visa – provides residency status to non-EU / EEA / Swiss citizens, including retirees, who intend to relocate to Portugal and are in receipt of a reasonable and regular passive income.
- Main applicant should show a minimum income of €12,000 per month for the primary applicant. This is more than the €600 figure often published.
- Dependent adults included on the application should show €5,000 a year each.
- Dependent children included on the application should show €2,500 a year each.
- Proof of income from property, proof of business ownership, or proof of financial means.
- Applicant: required
- Max stay: 60 months
- Processing time: 60 working days
- Income required: €7K per year
- Visa fees: 155,00 €
- Own business: needed
How to apply for Portugal Digital Nomad Visa
Travelling to Portugal as a digital nomad requires you to apply for a visa. Portugal digital nomad visa process requires you to follow a total of 8 steps.
Gather documents Gather all the necessary documents required for a Portugal digital nomad visa including passport and any other supporting documents.
Valid passport Check that passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Portugal. If not apply for a new passport.
Copy documents Scan all documents and print a copy of them before hand. All documents that are not in the English language, must be translated and notarized.
Fill application Fill the application form for Portugal.
Submit documents After filling, providing the required documents and make the payment and submit visa application for Portugal digital nomad visa
Visa processing Wait for approval. Applicant(s) will be informed by email of successful application(s) for Portugal digital nomad visa.
Receive visa Upon arrival in Portugal, present passport to the immigration officer at the counter.
Travel You will receive Portugal visa stamp in your passport, which allows you to stay in Portugal for the duration on your stamping.
Portugal D7 processing fee
- Visa processing fee is €83.
- Fee of €72 for resident permit which will be your official ID in Portugal.
Portugal Digital Nomad Visa requirements
Documents required for Portugal digital nomad visa process include passport, a completed visa application form and other supporting documents. A total of 8 documents are required.
Visa Application Form
Proof of Business or Employment
Police Clearance Certificate
Completed application form for Portugal
Photo must be no older than 6 months
Original Passport or Travel document of country with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Proof of employment, including self-employment outside destination, such as • Freelancer: Freelancing Contracts • Full-Time Employee: Letter of Confirmation from the Organization • Entrepreneur: Company Ownership or Partnership Statement Proof of regular income or passive income.
Accomodation reservation(s) in destination for the duration of your visit. Evidence of one year’s accommodation (for example, a lease or deed). Embassy recommends not to purchase tickets until visa is approved. Don’t risk your money, time and effort by buying actual tickets. Get hotel bookings for any city in the world within minutes for visa purposes.
International health insurance specifically covering the territory of destination and indicating the validity of good coverage. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency. Valid travel insurance, allowing medical coverage, including medical emergencies and repatriation. Global health insurance for remote workers and nomads.A fully-equipped health insurance made for remote workers and nomads who spend as much time abroad as they please. Full coverage in your home country, and no exclusions for pandemics.
Police Clearance Certificate of the applicant in country. Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant is residing for over a year. Children under the age of 16 are exempt from producing a criminal record.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from country. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials.
Portugal D7 conditions
- There is a minimum time you must live in Portugal. In each year you must spend at least four months in the country. In addition, you must not spend more than six consecutive months outside Portugal.
- Your first residence permit is valid for one year, and it can be renewed twice (two years each time).
- You must spend 16 months in the first 2 years in Portugal, then 28 months in the next 3 years.
- After 5 years, you’re eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.
- There are cases where remote or freelance income is accepted in an application, but this is not guaranteed. Passive income is more likely to be accepted.
- You are entitled to benefit from Portugal’s Non-Habitual Tax (NHR) Regime. The NHR is a generous tax program with numerous benefits pertaining to your global income. It offers tax-free incentives on certain categories for a period of up to ten years.
- You have freedom of travel in the SCHENGEN area.
Portugal visa advice
Need visa advice?
You can see the visa details, documents required, official website and other details for Portugal visa but if you still have question which are unanswered then you can discuss with the community
Portugal travel details
It's important to consider getting travel medical insurance to ensure you're covered in case of unexpected medical emergencies. For just $42, you can get coverage for 4 weeks, providing peace of mind and financial protection while you're away from home.
Disclaimer: The information in the site should be used as a guide only. You are advised to contact your local official mission/consulate/embassy and ensure you have the latest information. We take no responsibility.